Agile Product Owner, Point of Sale
Requisition ID: 26086-308742
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Operations
Region: 000 : Corporate
Address Line 1: 7900 Legacy Drive
Zip Code: 75024
The Agile product owner is the voice of the customer and proactively represents internal stakeholders by delivering the highest possible value to the business. Through the creation, prioritization, management and execution of the product backlog, the Product Owner collaborates cross-functionally and focuses the development team(s) on a clear vision of the product, its goals and delivery. The product owner has deep customer knowledge, an excellent ability to transform strategic intent into fully elaborated requirements in the form of user stories, feature specifications and acceptance criteria. The Product Owner drives and articulates product value delivery through the agile ceremonies including sprint planning, backlog refinement, daily scrum, demo and retrospectives seeking improvement through every PI/Sprint.
General Duties and Responsibilities
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
- This position proactively supports stakeholders throughout the organization to provide solutions to their system application needs, performs business analysis, requirements development, process documentation, business solution needs, and reporting.
- Owns, manages, develops and prioritizes product backlog of user stories.
- Conducts backlog Refinement Meetings with the scrum development team.
- Attends Sprint Planning and Review meetings to give feedback on sprint achievement to the team.
- Highlights product features in a manner clearly understandable to the development team.
- Attends Daily Scrum Meetings as necessary, monitors the progress of product development and delivery through daily interaction and Sprint Reviews. Provides updates to management and stakeholders as requested.
- Analyzes stakeholder feedback to determine features or components that will add the greatest value to the product. Engages with stakeholders to obtain information (requirements) on expected features.
- Measures product performance as well as value delivered to market in order to make adjustments where necessary. Assesses product value stream to identify areas that require improvements. Ensures implemented product features add value to end users and increase company returns.
- Establishes user story acceptance criteria, accepts user stories into the baseline. Defines sprints and stories content, accepts sprint goals. Drives sprint goals and sprint delivery and acts the sole owner for acceptance of sprint delivered development.
- All other duties as needed or required
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 4+ years’ experience in business analysis, solutions development or a related field
- 2+ years’ experience with Agile development (Scrum, Kanban, LEAN, etc.) and within an agile project team (either agile by definition or agile in ability to perform cross-functional tasks quickly)
- Advanced computer skills, including experience in Microsoft programs (Windows, Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Share Point)
- Experience interacting with stakeholders, vendors and customers in delivery of technical solutions
- Experience in integrating production, retail and manufacturing support systems
- Working technical background including network security, network communication, client/server technologies, PC technology, and software development
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
- For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
- Ability to travel as required in order to meet with customers, vendors, other team members, and/or other business necessities
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to read and interpret documents and instructions from customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to work within the appropriate level of independence
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
Quality Driven Management (QDM)
(Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.)
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All offers of employment made by FedEx Office are contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation and a pre-employment drug screen (which must be completed within 2 business days of any conditional offer of employment). The existence of a criminal record is not an automatic or absolute bar to employment and a candidate’s criminal record will be considered individually based on factors such as the relationship between the job sought and the criminal offense, the timing of the offense, the nature of the offense, and any other relevant information. FedEx Office will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
America’s Military Veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Office, please email us at HR.BrassRingHelp@FedEx.com.