Requisition ID: 26086-309786
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Operations
Region: 000 : Corporate
Address Line 1: 7900 Legacy Drive
Zip Code: 75024
The Business Architect oversees collaborative projects and potential resources focusing on strategic initiatives relating to technical systems functionality and usability improvements. The Business Architect is the subject matter expert on technical systems and processes supporting cross channel projects and day to day activities for workstations, systems, and other hardware and software.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- The Business Architect implements methodologies and programs that helps the business improve the way we operate in order to achieve operational goals and realize our corporate strategy.
- Owns and maintains the strategic backlog for the capabilities
- Develops and maintains overall business capability roadmaps based on a situational awareness of overall business strategy, operational goals, and critical business challenges and opportunities.
- Describe the primary business functions of the enterprise and distinguish between customer-facing, Team Member-facing supplier-related, business execution and business management functions
- Capture capabilities and business features, then decompose those business features into business benefits and acceptance criteria.
- Apply a structured business architecture approach and methodology for capturing the key views of the enterprise
- Leads the evaluation of solution options and develops recommendations based on business requirements
- Ensures projects and proposals are well formed and align with corporate strategic goals; functions as an expert resource to the business to answer or facilitate responses to business related technology questions.
- Works with the business leaders and project team members to assess current capabilities and identify high-level requirements.
- Re-engineers key processes and capabilities and maps to future-state vision.
- The Business Architect function provides services, including practices, expertise, and resources to tackle business challenges and help identify and manage needed process improvements (including identification of new or improved business capabilities).
- The Business Architect works closely with the IT Architects ensuring that needed business capabilities are met by the most efficient, effective use of IT processes, technology and data management
- Collaborate with business partners (Product Marketing, Sales, L&D, Technology, Finance, etc.) to identify most effective functional solution to implement new initiatives/requirements
- Create Epic Value Statements and proposal presentations in order to gain approval for each Theme
- Manage related projects throughout the Agile Development process
- All other duties as needed or required
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 6+ years’ experience in project management, systems, or related field
- 2+ years’ experience with Agile development (SCRUM, Kanban, etc.) and within an agile project team (either agile by definition or agile in ability to perform cross-functional tasks quickly)
- Advanced computer skills, including experience in Microsoft programs (Windows, Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Share Point)
- Experience interacting with contractors and software and hardware vendors
- Experience in integrating production, and manufacturing support systems
- Working technical background including network security, network communication, client/server technologies, PC technology, and software development
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
- For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
- Ability to travel as required in order to meet with customers, vendors, other team members, and/or other business necessities
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to read and interpret documents and instructions from customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to work within the appropriate level of independence
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
Quality Driven Management (QDM)
(Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.)
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All offers of employment made by FedEx Office are contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation and a pre-employment drug screen (which must be completed within 2 business days of any conditional offer of employment). The existence of a criminal record is not an automatic or absolute bar to employment and a candidate’s criminal record will be considered individually based on factors such as the relationship between the job sought and the criminal offense, the timing of the offense, the nature of the offense, and any other relevant information. FedEx Office will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
America’s Military Veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Office, please email us at HR.BrassRingHelp@FedEx.com.