Print Production Manager
Requisition ID: 26086-315788
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Operations
Region: 033 : CPCs
Address Line 1: 2720 Prosperity Ave
Zip Code: 22031
We are looking for a strong leader with management experience and the ability to build excitement in a team. Join FedEx Office, one of the top employers in the country and be part of the largest distributed print network in the world!
No print experience required if you bring experience leading operations or manufacturing teams.
The Digital Print Manager (DPM) is responsible for successfully overseeing the production and distribution of manufacturing print orders through both direct leadership and by leading through a team of supervisors on the floor. Production Manager responsibilities include ensuring accurate and on-time delivery of all orders brought in through the FedEx Office retail store locations and orders submitted directly from large commercial customers. Additional responsibilities include facility management, customer service (internal and external), managing business financials and ensuring the success of overall business objectives.
General Duties and Responsibilities
Direct supervision of team members in manufacturing plant, including responsibility for
- Hiring of team members and monitoring new hire orientation procedures
- Training and evaluating the efficiency and productivity of team members by establishing performance standards and objectives; conducting regular Operations Reviews and Performance Appraisals and making recommendations for wage increase and promotions, when applicable; ensuring execution on all people related initiatives (i.e. bench planning, climate survey follow up)
- Initiating disciplinary procedures, as necessary, for team members, up to and including termination of employment
- Ensuring compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and company audits, as immediate supervisor of team members
- Ensuring a positive customer experience, to include business partners in the retail network
- Plan, organize and direct the manufacturing and maintenance operations which ensure the most effective return on assets
- Manage processes to minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of labor, equipment, facilities, materials, and capital
- Meet business objectives and productions schedules while ensuring product standards that will exceed our customers expectations
- Lead manufacturing strategies and action plans to ensure that the facility supports strategic initiatives
- Accountable for problem solving and cost reduction
- Improve labor utilization within existing departments and processes
- Maintain and improve safety to ensure OSHA compliance standards are met
- All other duties as needed or required
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of leading a high-volume manufacturing environment, including 2+ year of prior progressively responsible supervisory experience required
- Lean manufacturing knowledge preferred
- Proven ability to lead, direct and supervise
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
- For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
Quality Driven Management (QDM)
(Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.)
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives
FedEx Office is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, age, sex, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, medical condition, marital status, familial status, color, religion, uniformed service, veteran status, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under local state or federal law.
We are committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for our Team Members and customers. All candidates offered employment are required to meet the FedEx Office employment qualifications applicable at the time of hiring, including a post offer drug screen which must be completed within 2 business days of any conditional offer of employment.
If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Office, please email us at HR.BrassRingHelp@FedEx.com.