Transportation Technology Architect
Requisition ID: 26086-341796
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Operations
Region: 000 : Corporate
Address Line 1: 7900 Legacy Drive
Zip Code: 75024
The Transportation Technology Architect is primarily responsible for understanding new initiatives for Same Day City transportation and translating those goals and objectives into functional and technical requirements for our development partners. The Transportation Technology Architect will work closely with our technology partners to ensure understanding and translation for successful development.
General Duties and Responsibilities
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
- Collaborate with internal partners and external vendors to research innovative ideas and technology solutions for the business and help create proof of concept
- Apply subject matter expertise to help develop cutting edge solutions
- Provide technical expertise in working with cross functional groups to define business requirements, develop and analyze business models, and provide use case scenarios
- Write technical requirements document to outline changes to systems for Same Day city efforts
- Work with IT teams to ensure application requirements are understood and translated to technical solutions
- Work closely with internal technology implementation team to communicate the new requirements in order to prepare for implementation
- Participate on cross-functional teams to support key company initiatives
- Conduct research on emerging technologies to support changes in infrastructure
- Develops relationships with business and technology partners to proactively anticipate emerging needs, and drives initiatives that bring efficiencies and network improvements
- All other duties as needed or required
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience with software development
- 5+ years architect application experience to include working knowledge of software development and architecture patterns
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong process orientation necessary to understand project impact on existing and emerging operational processes.
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
- For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
- Ability to travel as required in order to meet with customers, vendors, other team members, and/or other business necessities
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to read and interpret documents and instructions from customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to work within the appropriate level of independence
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
Quality Driven Management (QDM)
(Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.)
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All offers of employment made by FedEx Office are contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation and a pre-employment drug screen (which must be completed within 2 business days of any conditional offer of employment). The existence of a criminal record is not an automatic or absolute bar to employment and a candidate’s criminal record will be considered individually based on factors such as the relationship between the job sought and the criminal offense, the timing of the offense, the nature of the offense, and any other relevant information. FedEx Office will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
America’s Military Veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Office, please email us at HR.BrassRingHelp@FedEx.com.