Manager Systems & Infrastructure
Requisition ID: 26086-343647
Employment Type: Regular Part-Time
Job Category: Operations
Region: 000 : Corporate
Address Line 1: 7900 Legacy Drive
Zip Code: 75024
The Sr. Manager Systems and Infrastructure will have full responsibility for managing and leading a team to evaluate and successfully implement improvements to the software bundles, center infrastructure, telephony solutions ensuring they are fully integrated and provide a consistent center experience. The individual will be the Subject Matter Expert in and responsible for partnering with key partners to drive the strategic initiatives of the In-Center Infrastructure, Telephony, Software Bundles, and Virtualization. This individual will have Business Ownership of the In-Center Software Bundles. This individual will manage cross-functional collaborative projects and resources focusing on strategic initiatives relating to system functionality, usability improvements, and virtualization efforts. This individual will have responsibility for the Operation IT lab working with partners to maintain levels of usability and up-time as well as equipment inventory.
General Duties and Responsibilities
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
- Assist in the development and implementation CSR programs, provide detailed reporting & metrics on resource allocation, project status completion statistics.
- Lead, manage and coach a team to include selection, hiring and development
- Collaborate with business partners (Engineering, Technology, Marketing, Finance, etc.) to identify most effective functional solution to implement new initiatives/requirements resulting in improvements to the TM and customer experiences
- Lead a team to identify current limitations in existing systems/solutions and areas of redundancy within various existing systems. Define requirements and/or recommendations that lead to possible integration of store systems providing automation within each area as possible
- Challenge historical assumptions and processes and make alternative recommendations if necessary
- Prioritize development requirements and requests across all related projects from business partners, internal users, and other "customers" in such a way to provide optimal satisfaction to the many varied constituents
- Create a roadmap of programs and projects to successfully implement the company strategies in a timely manner
- Interface with the Tech Support team to define and improve support procedures and capabilities through training, communication, and documentation across all related projects
- Manage technology partners to ensure roadmaps of multiple suppliers (hardware / software) are integrated in center. Incorporate new products as appropriate to improve production quality and workflow
- Serve as the primary operational interface with technology teams for new hardware, bundles or technical services for the field, including development of business requirements to support technical system or service deployments.
- Act as an escalation point to support research of field issues regarding field operations technologies and services including issue resolution.
- Lead a team that can manage related projects throughout all phases’ concept, definition, development, and launch within budget
- Ensure project managers are working with the implementation team to coordinate deliverables associated with product deployment, and develop utilities and tools that facilitate deployment
- Identify and implement a common process that will ensure identified improvements are prioritized appropriately and stakeholders are kept informed throughout the complete process
- Interface with third party vendors on projects deliverables, new initiatives.
- Communicate with executive management and field management on each individual project‘s status, risks, opportunities, etc.
- Ensure that multiple cross-functional budgets for the specific projects are maintained and complied with
- All other duties as needed or required
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent experience required
- Master’s degree preferred
- 8+ years technical experience (Windows, Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Share Point)
- 8+ years experience managing system enhancements and implementation
- 7+ years experience working with or basic knowledge of building technology infrastructure for business both multi-site and e-commerce solutions
- 7+ years experience working with network security, network communication, client/server technologies, PC technology, and software development
- 5+ years experience working with virtualization technologies
- 5+ years management experience
- Prior experience leading/managing contractors and software and hardware vendors
- Experience in integrating production, and manufacturing support systems
- Prior experience in capacity planning, resource planning, and financial budgeting
- Prior experience communicating technology and workflow concepts, risks, performance, strategy and usage with non-technical people
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
- For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to read and interpret documents and instructions from customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to work within the appropriate level of independence
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
Quality Driven Management (QDM)
(Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.)
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All offers of employment made by FedEx Office are contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation and a pre-employment drug screen (which must be completed within 2 business days of any conditional offer of employment). The existence of a criminal record is not an automatic or absolute bar to employment and a candidate’s criminal record will be considered individually based on factors such as the relationship between the job sought and the criminal offense, the timing of the offense, the nature of the offense, and any other relevant information. FedEx Office will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
America’s Military Veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Office, please email us at HR.BrassRingHelp@FedEx.com.