Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Retail
Region: 054 : Northeast
Address Line 1: 287 Providence Hwy
Zip Code: 02026
As a Retail Store Manager – Bench, this position will be trained in all aspects of running a retail business for FedEx Office. Training takes place in one or more FedEx Office retail store locations with a focus on all aspects of running the business . After successful completion of training, the candidate must be open to potential relocation and have the ability to be placed within the specified geographic region.
The Retail Store Manager – Bench will be assigned a retail store, and will be responsible for managing the overall operations of that retail store including supervision of team members, the administration of store sales performance, profitability, procedural compliance and customer experience objectives. Although the Retail Store Manager – Bench’s management of the assigned retail store during the bench assignment will be overseen by experienced FedEx Office management Team Members, the Retail Store Manager – Bench will have responsibility for daily management of the retail store.
General Duties and Responsibilities
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
- Achieve company objectives for sales and profit performance and customer experience objectives within the assigned retail store
- Direct supervision of team members, including responsibility for:
- Hiring of all team members and monitoring new hire orientation procedures
- Training and evaluating the efficiency and productivity of team members by establishing performance standards and objectives; conducting regular Operations Reviews and Performance Appraisals and making recommendations for wage increases and promotions, when applicable; ensuring execution on all people related initiatives (i.e. bench planning, climate survey follow up)
- Initiating disciplinary procedures, as necessary, for team members, up to and including termination of employment
- Ensuring compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) as immediate supervisor of team members
- Ensuring a positive customer experience
- Ensure the maintenance of fiscal reporting procedures within the retail store, including accounts receivable, inventory reports, daily sales recaps, and daily bank deposits in full compliance with established company policies
- Monitor and direct marketing activities within the retail store to achieve pre-established sales objectives including monthly marketing calendars, media advertising, specialized sales, in-store signage, etc.
- Recommend equipment and machinery required for efficient production operations and for monitoring inventory level of supplies and materials
- Ensure federal/state law safety requirements are established within the retail store. In addition, may be required to perform quarterly safety inspections of the retail store
- Ensure team members within the retail store are consistently complying with FedEx Office Policies and Procedures
- Ensure retail store cleanliness
- Ensure execution of internal processes
- All other duties as needed or required
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- 3+ years of related retail experience, including 1+ years of prior progressively responsible supervisory experience required
- Advanced level of reading, writing and mathematical ability
- Proven ability to lead, direct and supervise
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring.
- Must be open and able to commute or relocate within the geographical area
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to read and interpret documents and instructions from customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to work within the appropriate level of independence
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to meet the needs of managing the retail store by ensuring prompt and regular attendance such that effective management of the retail store is achieved.
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
- Ability to travel as required in order to meet with customers, vendors, other team members, and/or other business necessities
Quality Driven Management (QDM)
(Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.)
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All offers of employment made by FedEx Office are contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation and a pre-employment drug screen (which must be completed within 2 business days of any conditional offer of employment). The existence of a criminal record is not an automatic or absolute bar to employment and a candidate’s criminal record will be considered individually based on factors such as the relationship between the job sought and the criminal offense, the timing of the offense, the nature of the offense, and any other relevant information. FedEx Office will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
America’s Military Veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Office, please email us at HR.BrassRingHelp@FedEx.com.