Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Legal/Regulatory
Region: 000 : Corporate
Address Line 1: 7900 Legacy Drive
Zip Code: 75024
To provide legal counsel and advice to the corporation and its subsidiaries to ensure their effective operation in accordance with federal, state and/or international law.
General Duties and Responsibilities
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
- Provides legal counsel, advice and direction to internal customers. Drafts and reviews legal documents and reviews proposed transactions to ensure maximum benefit to the corporation and minimum exposure to risk. Structures, negotiates and drafts legal and financial documents.
- Acts as primary legal department contact for outside attorney communications on assigned projects/issues.
- Advises other members of the legal department, upon request, with respect to area of expertise, assists senior attorneys and management in the department regarding complex legal matters. Conducts research and prepares memoranda relating to these areas. Plans, coordinates and implements legal activities relating to significant corporate programs.
- Monitors and interprets changes to and trends in government and legislative policies at the federal, state, local and/or international level. Determines company impact and advises senior management accordingly.
- Participates in the planning phase of various company products, services and projects, while balancing legal considerations and advice with the company’s goals.
- May represent the company in significant litigation, including drafting court documents and creating a dynamic and effective trial strategy.
- Reviews company policies and procedures as assigned and provides legal advice as to their compliance with applicable laws.
- Evaluates legal issues involved in claims by or against the company and determines the appropriateness of litigation or settlement.
- All other duties as needed or required
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Juris Doctorate degree and licensed to practice law in the State of Texas
- 3+ years of experience and demonstrated competency in relevant area of law specialization
- Superior academic record
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Proficient in computer PC skills including, but not limited to MS Office including: Outlook, Word, Excel and the internet
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
- For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
- Ability to travel as required in order to meet with customers, vendors, other team members, and/or other business necessities
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to read and interpret documents and instructions from customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to work within the appropriate level of independence
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
Quality Driven Management (QDM)
(Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.)
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All offers of employment made by FedEx Office are contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation and a pre-employment drug screen (which must be completed within 2 business days of any conditional offer of employment). The existence of a criminal record is not an automatic or absolute bar to employment and a candidate’s criminal record will be considered individually based on factors such as the relationship between the job sought and the criminal offense, the timing of the offense, the nature of the offense, and any other relevant information. FedEx Office will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
America’s Military Veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Office, please email us at HR.BrassRingHelp@FedEx.com.