Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Retail
Region: 000 : Corporate
Address Line 1: 7900 Legacy Drive
Zip Code: 75024
The Customer Experience (CX) Strategist is responsible for defining and representing the customer vision and strategy across omni-channel (eCommerce and in-store) programs. This position will work cross-functionally to define and deliver delightful and elegant experiences that enable our customers to discover, create, and purchase print solutions. Through regular, rich conversations with our customers via a wide variety of methods, this role will produce and evangelize insights about customer intent, needs, pain points and behaviors that lead to innovative ideas and a learning plan of experimentation to drive decision making. Working closely with team members in CX, experience design, product, business, marketing, and IT to bring our customer vision to life and measure progress toward delivering key customer benefits. Experience in conducting customer research; journey and experience mapping; service blueprinting; defining customer vision and strategic roadmap; and building a plan for rapid experimentation that guides product roadmap and prioritization. You will draw on experience to build relationships with product, business, and technology stakeholders; work and influence in a cross-functional context; and leverage research and data to inform the design of the experience. The CX Strategist will be collaborative and thrive in an environment of giving and receiving constructive feedback.
General Duties and Responsibilities
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
- Participate in customer research, synthesis, ideation, design, and testing of digital and in-store experiences, adopting and promoting a test-and-learn approach to solution development, from ideation to rollout. Deeply understand key moments in the customer experience, including research, shopping, creating, design, configuring, and paying for print services.
- Collaborate and brainstorm with cross-functional teams, including CX, experience design, product, business, marketing, and IT, to understand, identify, and synthesize complex business requirements and customer needs.
- Translate customer research and big data into personas, journey maps, service-design blueprints, customer strategy and vision, and ideal-state roadmaps.
- Represent the customer on a cross-functional product-development team, promoting a customer-driven mindset with a relentless focus on solving customer pain points and offering moments of delight.
- Partner with product owners, engineers, designers and subject matter experts to build requirements, launch enhancements and/or new functionality, and ensure solutions being developed achieve and do not harm the customer vision and strategy.
- Participate in our Agile environment, including contributing to relevant ceremonies and processes.
- Define key customer-benefit metrics and measurement plans to define what success looks like and ensure experiences deliver on the benefits.
- Lead and participate in cross-functional ideation sessions for solving key customer pain points.
- Build a learning plan of rapid experimentation to validate which ideas best meet the customer needs and benefits.
- Assist with conducting research on usability, customer experience and A/B testing, and incorporate those learnings into actionable recommendations
- Analyze our existing experiences and use qualitative and quantitative research insights to recommend opportunities to improve and innovate.
- Monitor changes across competitors and other e-commerce and retail leaders to ensure we maintain an innovative experience that keeps pace with customer expectations.
- All other duties as needed or required
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in customer experience-related fields of behavioral science, UX design, HCI, marketing, or similar or equivalent experience
- 5 years experience in digital product management, UX design, customer research or similar
- 2+ years experience in e-commerce. Experience with omni-channel (retail/in-store) preferred
- Experience conducting various types of customer empathy and usability research
- Experience creating detailed customer journey maps and personas
- Experience in defining CX strategy, including establishing a customer vision, customer-benefit metrics, and ideal-state strategic roadmap
- Experience working on cross-functional digital product teams that develop customer experiences grounded in research and insights
- Experience presenting to and advising senior management; able to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the organization in both written and verbal communication
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
- For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
- Ability to travel as required in order to meet with customers, vendors, other team members, and/or other business necessities
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to read and interpret documents and instructions from customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to work within the appropriate level of independence
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
Quality Driven Management (QDM)
(Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.)
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FedEx Office will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act. FedEx Office encourages all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, to apply for any open position.
America’s military veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Office, please email us at HR.BrassRingHelp@fedex.com.