Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Operations
Region: 000 : Corporate
Address Line 1: 7900 Legacy Drive
Zip Code: 75024
The Sr. Program Manager, Commercial Sales, researches, plans, leads, develops and implements programs, initiatives and implementations specific to Commercial Sales. This role provides technical system development, tactical support as well as overall program development, strategy and oversight, including budget management and interaction with Pricing and Finance teams. The Sr. Program Manager provides proactive direction, operational expertise and consultation with various stakeholders, including but not limited Sales and Product Marketing, IT, Finance, Finance and Field Sales Team Members and partners from other FedEx operating companies.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage Commercial Sales Emerging Initiatives and Innovative Implementations through program development and implementation, including core team creation, budget and resource planning, process engineering (labor impacts), development of system business requirements (as needed), field sales communications/training as well as metric development to monitor program performance.
- Manage projects throughout all phases’ concept, definition, development, and launch; includes concept testing of new initiatives and implementations.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business objectives in collaboration with cross-functional and cross-operating company teams
- Develop working plans and associated communication documents in collaboration with cross-functional and cross operating company teams; create detailed project plans utilizing Microsoft Project, link dependencies and identify/ communicate risks and opportunities
- Work to derive robust solutions, focusing on enhancements to the customer experience and operational process efficiency, across system and process development activities (seek to simplify/distill internal cross functional processes and activities where possible)
- Lead/ heavily assist with technical development, usability, design and testing of customized shipping returns/repairs and pack & ship systems/solutions; including, developing and documenting business requirements, including possible system applications
- Act as lead to Shepard system requirements/ enhancements throughout Marketing and IT processes (including prioritization/roadmap activities)
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for processes/ systems as it relates to emerging commercial efforts, counseling other business/ system owners on impacts, benefits and risks
- Schedules, coordinates and executes field Sales visits in support of program pilots (alpha, beta, etc.), monitors operational readiness and performance; provide expert service for troubleshooting implementation and execution issues
- Coordinates in partnership with business stakeholders appropriate launch documentation for end users including Field Sales Operations and Network Solutions
- Develops and manages quality data and metrics collection, reporting and related actives; use metrics to monitor and identify program issues, make decisions, track improvements, etc.
- Assist Learning and Development to design and deploy Commercial training programs; conduct field sales training for pilot launches
- Prepare executive-level presentations, including usage of relevant data as appropriate, and conduct/lead project updates to cross-OpCo senior leadership on overall status, risks, opportunities, etc.
- All other duties as needed or required
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred but not required
- Up to 7+ years’ experience in Program Management and/or execution
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Project and Business Objects preferred
- Experience with budget/cost development and management preferred
- Strong process orientation necessary to understand project impact on existing and emerging operational processes.
- Periodic travel may be required
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
- For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
- Ability to travel as required in order to meet with customers, vendors, other team members, and/or other business necessities
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to read and interpret documents and instructions from customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to work within the appropriate level of independence
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
Quality Driven Management (QDM)
(Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.)
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FedEx Office will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act. FedEx Office encourages all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, to apply for any open position.
America’s military veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Office, please email us at HR.BrassRingHelp@fedex.com.