Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Operations
Shift: Not Applicable
Region: 000 : Corporate
Address Line 1: 7900 Legacy Drive
Zip Code: 75024
The Manager, Experience Design will play a leading role in shaping our strategic vision and user experience through our digital and in-store channels, and will oversee a team of UX/UI designers and researchers who deliver best-in-class solutions that customers love. This manager will manage a team that will be deeply immersed in the FedEx Office customer journey while bringing their strong understanding of customer needs and benefits to champion design solutions that deliver innovative, delightful experiences. You hold human desirability, technical feasibility, and business viability in equal weight on a design project. You will draw on experience to build relationships with product, business, and technology stakeholders; work and influence in a cross-functional context; leverage research and data to inform the design of the experience; and provide professional development to the team.
General Duties and Responsibilities
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
- Lead and manage a team by training, developing and coaching team members on a consistent basis.
- Lead teams through discovery research, synthesis, ideation, design and testing of digital and in-store experiences, adopting a test-and-learn approach to experience design
- Hire, manage, inspire, and lead top UX/UIand research talent.
- Provide a strategic lens to customer-facing initiatives that inclues consideration of the overarching customer experience, product portfolio, roadmap, business outcomes, etc. Partners cross-functionally to define strategy and success metrics, including customer benefits and business goals
- Influence design decisions and feature requirements using customer empathy, consumer behavioral data, and e-commerce data
- Evangelize experience design vision and the importance of design across the company, and act as spokesperson and representative to senior management and outside departments, advocating for UXD involvement across all customer touchpoints
- Facilitate practical workshops around human-centered design so that all teams can apply customer-focused thinking to their work
- Oversee the user experience designs delivered by the design team and ensures business goals and customer benefits are met.
- Responsible for staffing resources for projects and ensuring project deadlines are met by team members.
- Contribute to the development and execution of strategic frameworks and organizational processes
- All other duties as needed or required
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelors degree required, preferably in User Experience-related fields of Design, HCI, Product Design, or Graphic Design.
- 10+ years UX/UI design experience – from paper prototypes to finished designs -- across consumer-facing websites, mobile applications and retail stores
- 5+ years experience leading user-experience design, including responsibilities for resourcing and project staffing, developing processes and procedures, influencing vision and implementation, and advising cross-functional teams
- Retail and e-commerce experience a must.
- Experience in digital human-centered design, Design Thinking tools and methods, including using design strategy to problem-solve and develop new products, services, and experiences
- Experience in facilitating innovation and group collaboration processes
- Must have a strong portfolio that clearly articulates how complex problems are solved by your user experience designs.
- Demonstrated experience using standard UX/UI tools
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
- For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
- Ability to travel as required in order to meet with customers, vendors, other team members, and/or other business necessities
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to read and interpret documents and instructions from customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to work within the appropriate level of independence
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
Quality Driven Management (QDM)
(Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.)
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All offers of employment made by FedEx Office are contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation and a pre-employment drug screen (which must be completed within 2 business days of any conditional offer of employment). The existence of a criminal record is not an automatic or absolute bar to employment and a candidate’s criminal record will be considered individually based on factors such as the relationship between the job sought and the criminal offense, the timing of the offense, the nature of the offense, and any other relevant information. FedEx Office will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
America’s Military Veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Office, please email us at HR.BrassRingHelp@FedEx.com.