Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Operations
Region: 000 : Corporate
Address Line 1: 7900 Legacy Drive
Zip Code: 75024
The Senior Industrial Engineer, Transportation is responsible for operations analysis, engineering support and continuous improvement for the FXO transportation network. Primary areas of coverage include the planning, development, implementation and reporting of metrics critical to the success of the FXO transportation network, including labor, productivity, cost, etc. Identify and quantify process improvements in all areas of the transportation network. Analyze operational scenarios and labor requirements, as requested, when potential SDC customers are identified or as market characteristics change. Identify and quantify continuous improvement and process simplification. This position must respond quickly to ad-hoc engineering analysis to support critical strategic decisions. This position interacts with various stakeholders and business partners including but not limited to Finance, Field Operations, Information Technology, Sales, Marketing, Human Resources, Legal, other FedEx operating companies, third party vendors, etc.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate current business processes and future needs in order to help design strategy and be an advocate for Quality Driven Management (QDM) for FXO’s transportation network
- Minimize waste by analyzing the workflow processes for “Critical to Quality (CTQ)” drivers while reducing cost and cycle times, and improving overall quality
- Monitor, analyze and recommend ways to improve productivity, service, cost performance and waste reduction in all areas of operations
- Analyze and provide Engineering recommendations for labor planning and operational scenarios to support SDC growth and enhancement of PUD network
- Plan, develop and maintain data structure, dashboards, scheduling tools and supporting daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Responsible for communicating directly with Operations Management in all areas of responsibility
- Participates in task force teams and management committees / projects related to total FXO productivity and performance
- Develops, coordinates and implements multiple projects of varying depth and scope.
- Influence operations’ Managing Directors and / or groups of operations’ District Managers to act on recommendations.
- Conducts training and development of less experienced Engineers and of operations’ management.
- Utilize demonstrated proficiency in MS Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Business Objects, Essbase, Internet / intranet and PC applications. Skilled in computer modeling of operations.
- Apply understanding and basic skills of IE principles including LEAN, Six Sigma, 5S, etc.
- Perform training, delegate and coordinate projects and tasks with and between various levels of professionals and management.
- Apply understanding of and validate labor work standards and perform time studies.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelors degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, or a related discipline
- Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering or MBA preferred
- 3+ years preferred prior work experience in Industrial Engineer with complex operational analysis and/or transportation
- 3+ years experience in LEAN / Six Sigma / 5S practices, methodologies, and tools
- Strong problem solver, data analytics, root cause analysis and solution implementation
- Visual analytics experience a plus (i.e. Tableau or Spotfire)
- Basic SQL knowledge a plus
- Ability to influence and lead Operational Management and large project teams
- Project and Program Management experience a plus
- Strong analytical background, including statistics and forecasting principles
- High level of proficiency with MS Access, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Proven ability to work quickly and accurately under time constraints
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring, including successful passing of background check and drug screen
- For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
- Ability to travel as required in order to meet with customers, vendors, other team members, and/or other business necessities
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to sit, stand, and/or walk for extended periods of time
- Ability, on a consistent basis to read and interpret documents, computer monitors, and written/verbal instructions from customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation, instruction, and persuasion
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial time pressure
- Ability to perform the General Duties and Responsibilities set forth above in a consistent and efficient manner
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
Quality Driven Management (QDM)
(Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.)
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FedEx Office will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act. FedEx Office encourages all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, to apply for any open position.
America’s military veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Office, please email us at HR.BrassRingHelp@fedex.com.