Job Number: 1957888BR
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Operations
Region: 000 : Corporate
Address Line 1: 7900 Legacy Drive
Zip Code: 75024
The Interaction Designer will define, design, and deliver delightful and elegant experiences that enable our end users to discover, create, and purchase print solutions across our digital and in-store channels. You are experienced with all aspects of the design process and will be responsible for activities ranging across the UX spectrum. You bring a passion for solving complex user problems and driving business value. You hold human desirability, technical feasibility, and business viability in equal weight on a design project. You will draw on experience to build relationships with product, business, and technology stakeholders; work and influence in a cross-functional context; and leverage research and data to inform the design of the experience. You are highly collaborative and thrive in an environment of giving and receiving constructive feedback. You have a portfolio that highlights how you’ve followed the design process of research, learning, testing and iteration to successfully deliver best-in-class experiences that end users love.
General Duties and Responsibilities
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
• Participate in user research, synthesis, ideation, design, and testing of digital and in-store experiences, adopting and promoting a test-and-learn approach to interaction and visual design. Translate user research and big data into design artifacts for development teams to implement and align with our strategy, vision, and roadmap.
• Collaborate and brainstorm with cross-functional teams, including operations, CX, product, business, marketing, and IT, to understand, identify, and synthesize complex business requirements and user needs.
• Creatively solve problems by designing digital and in-store experiences beginning with low-fidelity concepts, user flows, wireframes and mockups and iterating to detailed, high-fidelity end products – from strategy to release, as well as post-launch monitoring, enhancements, and iteration -- maintaining a vision throughout the process, and always keeping the user’s needs at the forefront.
• Build prototypes (paper/digital/etc.) and assist in conducting testing to validate designs and usability through user feedback sessions.
• Produce dev ready visual designs, and collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand technical limitations, ensure designs are implemented correctly and give feedback. Participate in our Agile environment, including contributing to relevant ceremonies and processes.
• Participate in design critiques by presenting your work, capturing feedback, and giving constructive feedback on teammates’ work.
• Develop clear and persuasive stories about your work, including data, research, and design concepts, that you share with a wide range of audiences, including business partners and stakeholders.
• Inspire and bring new ideas to the team through knowing as much as you can about the people you are designing for and staying current on the latest design trends, techniques, and technologies. Monitor changes across competitors and other e-commerce and retail leaders to ensure we maintain an innovative experience that keeps pace with user expectations.
• Work within established design system and brand guidelines, and collaborate with team members to ensure consistency across designs.
• All other duties as needed or required
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in user experience-related fields of design (creative, experience, visual, etc.), HCI, or similar or equivalent experience
• 4+ years experience in interactive and visual design – from paper prototypes to finished product -- across consumer-facing websites, mobile applications and retail stores
• Portfolio of work samples demonstrating ability to create memorable user experiences across a range of touchpoints, including problems you helped solve for, your contributions, and impact to the end user
• Demonstrated experience using standard design and prototyping tools, including Sketch and InVision
• Experience working on cross-functional teams and synthesizing feedback and input from CX, product, business, IT, marketing
• Experience presenting to and advising senior management; able to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the organization in both written and verbal communication
• For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
• For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
• Ability to travel as required in order to meet with users, vendors, other team members, and/or other business necessities
• Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
• Ability, on a consistent basis, to read and interpret documents and instructions from users, vendors, and other team members
• Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with users, vendors, and other team members
• Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
• Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
• Ability, on a consistent basis, to work within the appropriate level of independence
• Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
Quality Driven Management (QDM)
(Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.)
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FedEx Office will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act. FedEx Office encourages all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, to apply for any open position.
America’s military veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Office, please email us at HR.BrassRingHelp@fedex.com.