Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Warehouse & Distribution
Region: 000 : Corporate
Address Line 1: 300 Camarillo Ranch Rd
Zip Code: 93012
The Distribution Services, Assistant Manager will supervise the operational and shipping aspects of FedEx Office Distribution Services (ODS). The role uses available resources to develop, provide support and sustain a world class operation that exceeds customer expectations, yielding cost savings and profitability in a team member-friendly environment.
General Duties and Responsibilities
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
- Manage workforce (including temporary staff as needed) by delegating work on a daily basis ensuring focus and efficiencies by providing task assignments, time estimates, and other information necessary to achieve set goals
- Lead and develop team members through training, and coaching on a daily basis.
- Assist Operations Manager in the Performance Management Cycle for all team members (Including Performance Appraisals, Merit Reviews, and Performance Counseling as needed).
- Conduct research and provide information to develop and implement policies and procedures that define maximum efficiencies and controls for the Distribution Center
- Manage daily activities of the Distribution Center operations to ensure service goals and budgetary goals are achieved including order fulfillment of both general and special project shipments, inventory control and receiving.
- Maintain and/or help maintain reporting related to the standard daily operational systems, readiness, and reporting, (i.e. Forklift Daily Check Out Log, Security Control Log, staff Forklift certifications, and others as assigned
- Maintain and/or help maintain reporting related to the team member performance (Performance and Attendance Calendar, Kronos time reporting, Payroll logs, Temp Labor log, etc.)
- Assist in managing maintenance of the physical structure, systems, and equipment used to operate the Distribution Center; (this includes radio frequency scanner system, conveyor system and layout, inventory tracking, forklifts and other product movement systems)
- Provide feedback, ideas and suggestions for warehouse management system updates and enhancements
- Monitor, evaluate and report performance standards and efficiencies in all areas of distribution
- Manage cycle count procedures to ensure proper inventory accuracy, utilizing an ABC categorization identification methodology
- Enforce company policies and guidelines on environmental issues; creatively seek new ways to reduce waste and recycle
- Interact with and support goals of other ODS functions (for example Purchasing, Customer Service, and Projects) to achieve efficient operation of ODS as a whole
- Cross Train with Customer Service team to perform basic system tasks as needed, to include customer calls, creating or changing customer orders, and/or printing jobs
- All other duties as needed or required
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years prior experience in distribution utilizing multiple distribution centers
- 2+ years of management experience preferred
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems, Shipping Software (ideally FedEx Ship Manager), Reporting Applications (i.e., BI Publisher or Crystal Reports)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of applications
- Knowledge of inventory management methodology and pick/pack operations
- Prior experience with logistics planning, Materials Resource Planning (MRP) and Just in Time (JIT) purchasing management a plus
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
- For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
- Ability to stand during entire shift, excluding meal and rest periods
- Ability to move and lift 55 pounds
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to bend/twist at the waist and knees
- Ability to travel as required in order to meet with customers, vendors, other team members, and/or other business necessities
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
Quality Driven Management (QDM)
(Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.)
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FedEx Office will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act. FedEx Office encourages all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, to apply for any open position.
America’s military veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Office, please email us at HR.BrassRingHelp@fedex.com.