Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Human Resources
Region: 039 : Southern California
Address Line 1: Remote - Portland area
Zip Code: 97220
The Human Resources Advisor (HRA) provides a broad range of employee relations guidance, working as part of a proactive, consultative and responsive Human Resources (HR) team. This position will deliver expert, balanced, business and team member-focused HR solutions and recommendations on a variety of employee relations topics, to include team member relations, retention, performance management and HR policies. This position collaborates with their managers to ensure HR initiatives are directly aligned with the business goals and opportunities. HRAs are expected to make contributions that positively impact our company results by analyzing data to identify key people trends that influence our People-Service-Profit (PSP) Philosophy.
General Duties and Responsibilities
This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
- Determines the appropriate course of action and next steps to team member inquiries, informal and formal complaints and third party action.
- Facilitates communication among team members and/or management by providing guidance and consultation regarding problem-solving, dispute resolution, policy and procedural clarification, regulatory compliance, litigation avoidance and strives to resolve internal conflict through appropriate conflict management and mediation techniques.
- Perform thorough investigations by gathering and analyzing data, conducting interviews and performing activities to capture all facts related to assigned complaint, charges or identified issues; maintaining organized files and accurate records to include in-depth investigation notes, supporting documentation, summaries and rationale for recommendation.
- Effective ADA case management; including document management, team member and management interaction and consultation, timely and responsive date management and balancing the needs of the team member and the business in the job-related accommodation.
- Advise and educate managers on proper use of performance management and the performance counseling process; with an emphasis on consistency, situational leadership, process management, effective communication and coaching with team members and effective decision-making.
- Analyze critical HR metrics and data, in conjunction with business performance data, to identify areas which may be impacting the business. Collaborate with the business leader to conduct root cause analysis for improvement, build and implement solutions, and evaluate results.
- Partner with managers to educate and advise on Human Resources policies and processes with an emphasis on consistent application and alignment with business and organizational goals. Support company and local retention initiatives based on analysis of HR-related metrics and impact to the business. Work with managers on root cause analysis and advise on possible solutions or ideas.
- Provide/deliver a pro-active approach to work and problem solving, including the ability to identify and deal with issues as they occur
- Build and maintain relationships, via the ability to earn trust, build credibility, and demonstrate a high level of personal integrity, ethics and confidentiality
- Understand ownership of the issue and consult and provide education and information to key decision-makers with the ability to challenge with tact and diplomacy as needed
- Be an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
- Act in a solutions-oriented manner; using available resources, experience and creativity to provide multiple solutions that balance the needs of the business with the care of our team members
SUPPORT HUMAN RESOURCES INITIATIVES
- Promote and manage implementation/completion of corporate driven HR programs and initiatives
- Make recommendations for improvements in processes and practices as part of the QDM process
- Appreciate and advocate for diversity in the workplace and treat everyone in accordance to our People-Service-Profit culture
- Conduct presentations and facilitate training on HR-related topics
- Participate in special projects as assigned
- All other duties as needed or required
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience in Human Resources with advisor level responsibility
- Excellent communication, persuasion, negotiation, conflict resolution and collaboration skills across all levels within the organization
- Advanced computer skills, including experience with Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and other and HR business systems
- HR certification, education and development preferred
- Expertise in HR employee relations functions including but not limited to: employment law, investigation management, policy consultation, change management, retention, and performance management
- Effective organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple competing priorities, and maintain professionalism at all times
- Communicate clearly and with influence (written, presentation, verbal)
- Ability to support a multi-state, multi-departmental, remote workforce
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
- For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
- Ability to travel as required in order to meet with customers, vendors, other team members, and/or other business necessities
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to read and interpret documents and instructions from customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to work within the appropriate level of independence
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
Quality Driven Management (QDM)
(Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.)
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FedEx Office will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act. FedEx Office encourages all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, to apply for any open position.
America’s military veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Office, please email us at HR.BrassRingHelp@fedex.com.