Flying for FedEx Express
FedEx hires highly skilled pilots who share our flight ops values of safety, integrity, leadership and professionalism. Being a FedEx pilot is about having technical proficiency as well as demonstrating a love of flying. The mission of flight operations is to operate a safe, reliable and efficient airline in order to provide industry leading service to our customers. Similarly, being a FedEx Express employee is about consistently delivering the Purple Promise to our customers. Making every FedEx experience outstanding requires pride in your performance and passion about working for FedEx Express.
If you are interested in working for a vital, industry-leading, and innovative Fortune 50 company, believe you share our values and will positively contribute to our culture, we want to hear from you! Minimum qualifications are listed below.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- English language proficiency
- Proven leadership ability
- Excellent communications skills
- Accurate and timely decision making, including threat and error mitigation strategies
- Close attention to detail
- Ability to work during the day or night, including weekends and holidays
- Punctual and reliable regular attendance
- Current valid passport and any other necessary travel documentations
Regulatory (FAA, FCC, TSA, and DOT)
- Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) Certificate
- Current First Class Medical Certificate
- Radiotelephone Operators Permit
- Secure Identification Display Area (SIDA) Badge eligibility
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug test
- Successful completion of Pilot Records Improvement Act (PRIA) evaluation
- 1500 hours total fixed-wing
- 1000 hours PIC in jet aircraft is preferred; multi-engine turbo-prop aircraft, 12,500 pounds or greater; certain single engine turbo-prop aircraft, or combination thereof. A minimum of 500 hours PIC as described is required.
When evaluating flight hours, we consider several factors, including:
- Complexity of aircraft flown
- Nature and type of flight operations
- Recency, quality, quantity, and verifiability of flight time and associated logs
- Hours flown as PIC
- Hours flown as instructor/evaluator
If you are interested in applying and meet these minimum qualifications, please submit a profile at https://careers.fedex.com/pilot. See our frequently asked questions for further information and contact us at ProQuestions@fedex.com if you have any other questions or concerns.