Sr. Revenue Science Analyst
Requisition ID: 26087-291539
Job ID: 1805791BR
Address: 3640 HACKS CROSS ROAD
Address 2: BUILDING D 3RD FLOOR
Zip Code: 38125-8800
Job Category: Decision Science & Analytics
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 300,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer. Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years: • FORTUNE Magazine: No. 8 among “World’s Most Admired Companies” and No. 1 in the delivery industry (2014) • Glassdoor, Employees’ Choice Awards: “Top 50 Best Places to Work” (2014) • FORTUNE Magazine: “100 Best Companies to Work For” (2013) • Computerworld: “100 Best Places to Work in IT” (2013) • Corporate Responsibility Magazine "100 Best Corporate Citizens” (2014) When 300,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply Now’ and tell us more about yourself.
Position Summary and Essential Duties
Under minimum supervision, assumes lead roles in medium revenue threshold projects. Key contributor to analyze business problems of up to medium complexity. generates computer aided quantitative and statistical business analysis by leveraging advanced tools and scientific modeling approaches related to customer analytics, market analysis and forecasting in support of the organization's global strategies.
- Assists in synthesizing analytical views from various business dimensions in support of business decisions based on business plans, actual or forecast enterprise performance, products, channels, automation types, industry, competition, market and customer segments.
- Determines go-to-market tactics related to specific target customers, markets and products in term of marketing communication and sales calls.
- Typically works in tandem with peers from other groups
- Independently attends cross-functional meetings and discussions to understand analytical requirements across enterprise business functions.
- Demonstrates excellence in computer aided decision support (utilize computer languages or packages to analyze data and generate reports, presentations or insights in business, mathematics, economics, computer science, or other quantitative field such as engineering/operation research). SAS, SQL, UNIX and fourth-generation programming languages.
- Mentors and trains professionals in less senior positions within the team on quantitative data analysis.
- Provides updates and reports to upper management (typically within the department).
Job Specific Information
Special requirements are: One (1) year of experience or coursework with the following skills (skills can be gained concurrently with education): computer aided decision support (utilize computer languages or packages to analyze data and generate reports, presentation or insights in Business, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science or other quantitative field such as Engineering/Operations Research), SAS, SQL, and UNIX or any fourth-generation programming language.
Master's Degree in business, mathematics, economics, computer science or other quantitative fields such as engineering/operations research. Two (2) years work experience in business, mathematics, economics, computer science, or other quantitative fields such as engineering/operations research, in an analytical, quantitative or technical role. One (1) year of experience or coursework with the following skills (skills can be gained concurrently with education):computer aided decision support (utilize computer languages or packages to analyze data and generate reports, presentation or insights in business, mathematics, economics, computer science or other quantitative field such as engineering/operations research), SAS, SQL, and Unix or any fourth-generation programming language. More advanced degrees may offset experience requirements.
Multiple positions available.
FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.