Job Title: Intern Sales
Job Requisition Number: RC119707
New York, New York 10018
This is a 10-week assignment for students pursuing a college degree. Assignments are directly related to intern's academic degree. Under direct Supervision, performs duties as assigned. Student participates in a number of Organized events providing visibility into the overall operations of FedEx.
Full-time internship opportunity from June 2019 to August 2019. This position can be domiciled in the NY,NY area or the NY,NY area.
Under close supervision, the successful candidate will help sell FedEx transportation services to potential and existing business customers. Responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with Business Sales Inside Account Executives (AEs) to identify opportunities, help close new business, and assist with any customer facing issues their aligned AEs may have.
- Plan calls with aligned customers and then prospect for new business around those accounts.
- Participate in the entire sales process with your aligned AEs to do pricings, implementation plans, and follow up visits to secure new business.
- Perform joint rides with your Sales Manager and assigned mentor.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Strong work ethic, initiative, resilience, adaptability, relationship-building skills, reliability, responsiveness, oral/written communication skills, innovation, and problem resolution skills.
- Experience in sales and/or sales competitions.
- Proven track record of success.
- A desire for a career in sales.
The following are considered a plus:
- Enrollment as an undergraduate at junior year or above or graduate student.
- Ideally, plans to graduate within 12 months of completing the internship and begin full-time employment.
Resume should include the following information:
- College address and permanent home address.
- Email address.
- Telephone number.
- The following regarding the degree you are currently pursuing and any previous undergraduate or graduate degrees:
- Name of college/university.
- Degree (For example, bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or doctorate).
- Major and/or minor.
- Overall GPA.
- Major GPA.
- Date of intended graduation (Month and year).
- Interviews typically occur October-January.
- Offers are typically extended October-February.
- Internship occurs early June-mid-August.
This position can be domiciled in the New York City, NY area.
Relocation assistance not available.
High School graduate or equivalent. Student has completed at least two years towards a college degree. Enrollment as an undergraduate or graduate student.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.