Job Title: Senior Data Analyst
Job Requisition Number: RC122663
Brookfield, Wisconsin 53045
Under moderate supervision, designs and implements processes and solutions associated with a wide variety of data sets used for data/text mining, and analysis to enable informed business decisions. Gains insight into key business problems and deliverables by applying statistical analysis techniques to examine structured and unstructured data from multiple disparate sources. With moderate direction, creates solutions from initial concept to production. Communicates results to a broad range of audiences. Effectively uses current and emerging technologies to evaluate trends and develop actionable insights and recommendations to management, via understanding of the business model and the information available for analysis. Typically uses data, statistical and quantitative analysis, limited modeling, and fact-based management to drive decision making. Mentors less senior staff. Works in cross functional projects and programs. Routinely presents to management.
Skills/Knowledge Considered a Plus:
- Define and implement the Data and Analytics security strategy, including process definition to support the analytic platforms and solutions developed by the Data and Analytics organization
- Create data security roadmaps in cooperation with Architects and other team members to meet complex business requirements.
- Collaborates with Data and Analytics Principal Architects to identify gaps within the Data and Analytics space and propose enhancements
- Collaborate on the strategy and implementation of security best practices for: master data management, data taxonomies, data stewardship processes, and data self-service.
- Drive continuous integration and deployment of data security solutions
- Communicate within technical teams and business owners to fully understand and document security requirements, provide feedback, and request clarification as needed
- Experience with Data Governance and Data Security principles and best practices.
- Experience with data governance frameworks to increase quality, security, and accessibility of data and information assets created by the Data and Analytics teams
- Experience with Cloud technologies (Google Cloud Platform, Azure, AWS)
- Experience working with vendor evaluations, vendor Proof of Concept (POC) definition and engagement, and vendor selection processes
- Actively embrace the DevSecOps methodology as it relates to data assets within FedEx
- Actively participate in software development methodologies (SAFe Agile)
- Applicant must work well under pressure and work well in team and individual environment
- Excellent written communication, verbal communication, and presentation skills are required.
- Brookfield, WI (a suburb of Milwaukee, WI)
- Relocation Assistance is NOT available for this position
Bachelor's degree in information systems, computer science, or a quantitative discipline such as mathematics, engineering, operations research, economics or Finance. Five (5) years work experience in measurement and analysis,quantitative business problem solving, operations analysis,marketing analysis, simulation development and/or predictive analytics. Proficient in analytics software and applications. Good interpersonal skills. Good written and oral communication skills.
To apply for this position, please upload current copy of your resume and complete the required screening questionnaire by close of business on January 16th, 2019, in order to be considered.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.