Job Title: Data Base Administration - All Levels
Job Requisition Number: RC128969
Category: Information Technology
Collierville, Tennessee 38017
Colorado Springs, Colorado 80921
Plano, Texas 75024
Orlando, Florida 32810
Coraopolis, Pennsylvania 15108
Brookfield, Wisconsin 53045
FedEx Services is seeking qualified applicants for Data Base Administration positions at all levels. Your application to this posting may potentially be considered for multiple positions within this group.
Data Base Administration Positions:
- Associate Data Base Administrator
- Data Base Administrator
- Senior Data Base Administrator
- Data Base Advisor
Duties for this role include but not limited to leadership in the design solutions, implementation, and maintenance of databases. Perform root cause analysis, coding, testing, documentation and implementation of multiple, large development efforts. Responsible for quality control and auditing of databases to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data. Serves as liaison between business customers, development and support groups.
Required Technical Skills:
- Oracle Database 12c Administration
- SQL / PLSQL
- Oracle RMAN
- Oracle Data guard
- Oracle Golden Gate
- Database / SQL Performance Tuning
Knowledge/Skills considered a Plus:
- Experience with the RAC architecture
- Experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager 13
- Data center infrastructure
- Administration and management of Database within a tightly controlled and secured environment
- Administration and management of Database in the public cloud
- Conceptual and physical data modeling skills
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Self-motivated, time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal/team skills
- Project management experience
- Oral/written communication skills
- Flexibility of working in a 24x7 on call support rotation
- Analytical/problem-solving skills
- Software development experience
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Systems and/or equivalent formal training or work experience. A related advanced degree may offset the related experience requirements. Position level commensurate with experience.
- Relocation assistance may be available for this position, but is based on business decision.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.