Job Title: Business Applications Analyst
Job Requisition Number: RC155990
Category: Information Technology
Coraopolis, Pennsylvania 15108
Under general supervision, interacts with business partners and/or it staff to gather and document information related to requirements and/or software testing. Gathers information from multiple sources and independently sorts low to medium complexity business issues to recommend appropriate direction. Analyzes business processes and associates them to software deliverables. Develops and/or executes test scripts against requirements. Drafts and reviews documentation in compliance with the FedEx global development process. Develops and/or maintains a business model that reflects current processes and business rules. Identifies impacted systems and dependencies for consideration in resolving business issues.
Job Specific Information
Do you have a knack for organization and communication? Do you understand architecture and integration approaches, and poses the consultative and leadership skills to facilitate engagements with multiples teams to ensure success? The Solution and Data Architecture Advancement team is seeking a positive, energy individual to contribute to our goals. In this role, you will facilitate architecture reviews, communicate strategic objectives, and help grow a world class IT team. This candidate will perform coordination of strategic epics reviews across multiple departments.
Essential Job Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Participate in strategy creation and communication
- Enforce architecture oversight and governance
- Formulate IT business key process indicators (KPIs) for reporting
- Provide general guidance to teams on architecture topics
- Coordinate and schedule architecture reviews
- Facilitate architecture working sessions across solution, infrastructure, and operational teams
- Establish processes to ensure accountability and trace open actions items
- Work on multiple projects in parallel and provide cross-program coordination of system architecture, design, integration and program planning and execution
- Socialize and evangelize architecture principles, policies, best practices, reference architecture and standards to ensure their adoption by the application development teams
- Build relationships with business stakeholders and partners to understand information needs
- Contribute to a culture of innovation, continuous improvement and operational excellence
- Strong research, analytical/decision making and problem solving skills
- Experience with PowerPoint and Excel, including pivot tables
- Strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with business leaders and technical teams
- General understanding of architecture principles and design patterns
- Familiarity with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), microservices, and data services
- Experience delivering solutions using agile development methodologies (scrum, SAFe, Kanban)
- Technical knowledge / know-how is preferred, including Cloud-Native and Software as a Service concepts.
Coraopolis, PA (a suburb of Pittsburgh, PA)
Relocation assistance may be available for this position, but is based on business decision.
Bachelor's Degree, business, computer science, engineering, or information systems and/or equivalent formal training or work experience. Two (2) years equivalent work experience in information technology or engineering environment.
To apply for this position, please upload a current copy of your resume and complete the required screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00 PM CST) on June 18, 2019, to be considered
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.