Job Title: Cyber Security Principal
Job Requisition Number: RC162571
Category: Information Technology
Collierville, Tennessee 38017
Provides leadership in creating cyber-intelligence solutions to prevent internal or external attacks or attempts to infiltrate company email, data, e-commerce and web-based systems. Implement and support technologies deployed across application, network/perimeter, data, endpoint, identity & access, and mobility domains. Researches attempted or successful efforts to compromise systems security and designs countermeasures. Provides information to management regarding the negative impact on the business caused by theft, destruction, alteration or denial of access to information and systems.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Serve as a strategic advisor and leader for public policy position development for cyber security including federal cyber regulations
- Keep senior leaders informed on the status of public policy matters and equipping them with the information needed to form cyber security policy positions
- Lead internal teams and working groups related to cyber public policy
- Actively participate in trade association working groups related to the development of cyber security policy
- Represent FedEx in external forums to discuss cyber security policy positions and perspectives
- Partner with leaders within Government Affairs, Physical Security, and legal to develop public policy positions
- Engage leaders and team members to ensure FedEx is speaking with one voice
- Monitor policy trends and developments that are relevant to FedEx business priorities and operations
- Lead analysis and assessment of potential implications of upcoming legislation or policy to identify risks and opportunities to inform
- Support the CISO in stakeholder relationship development by conducting background research, preparing meeting materials and participating in stakeholder meetings
Knowledge/Skills Considered a Plus:
- Exceptional writing skills, including ability to synthesize policy documents and complex issues for internal and external customers, and ability to convince through writing;
- Very high quality editing skills, including a capacity to conduct proofreading and to produce communication materials of a high quality;
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to understand how legislative and regulatory proposals may impact FedEx.
- Comfortable working in ambiguous environments; self-starter with good judgment and resourcefulness;
- Excellent research skills, including ability to find new sources of information (e.g., data points) to support policy positions (past publications are a plus);
- Experience in engagement with public officials or government agencies; and
- Experience in communications, marketing or public advocacy
- 7+ years of political, policy, legislative, campaign, and/or other related federal experience
- Law, public policy, business, or other relevant advanced degree preferred
Relocation assistance is available for this position based on business decision.
Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems and/or equivalent formal training or work experience. Strong technical and consulting skills, project management capability. Experience with security and risk frameworks, standards and best practices. Strong communication skill. Five (5+) years of experience in IT information security. Skills include IT security and infrastructure.
To apply for this position, please upload a current copy of your resume and complete the required screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00 PM CDT) on June 18th, 2019.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.