Job Title: Intern Human Resources
Job Requisition Number: RC188113
Collierville, Tennessee 38017
This is a 10-week assignment for students pursuing a college degree (either undergraduate or graduate). Assignments are directly related to intern's academic degree. Under direct supervision, performs duties as assigned. Student participates in a number of organized events providing visibility into the overall operations of FedEx as well as the Memphis community.
High School graduate or equivalent. Student has completed at least two years towards a college degree. Enrollment as undergraduate or graduate student in Human Resources Management, Psychology, Organizational Leadership or Performance, Organizational Management, Organizational Development, Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Labor and Employee Relations, Instructional Design, Information Systems, or other related major.
Full-time internship opportunity in the Memphis/Collierville, TN area from June 2020 to August 2020.
Under close supervision, the successful candidate will gain experience in one or more of the following areas within HR: Organizational Effectiveness, Compensation, Learning and Development, Recruitment, Workforce Strategy and Planning, HR Systems, Employee Relations, Business Consulting, Enterprise Health Care, and HR Analytics.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Ability to synthesize large volumes of data (quantitative and qualitative).
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines and work in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work productively and proactively, both independently or as part of a team.
- Strong working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to develop and deliver PowerPoint presentations to an executive audience.
- Knowledge of applicable federal laws.
- Possess the following qualities:
- Entrepreneurial, innovative approach and strong initiative.
- Critical thinking and thought leadership.
- Strong personal drive and demonstrated leadership.
- Demonstrated relationship building and strong collaboration and communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Shown flexibility, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Project/product management skills.
- A commitment to personal and professional growth
The following is considered a plus:
- Enrollment as undergraduate at junior year or above or graduate student in Human Resources Management, Psychology, Organizational Leadership or Performance, Organizational Management, Organizational Development, Labor and Employee Relations, Instructional Design, Business Analytics, Management Information Systems, or other related major.
- Experience in or with; Data Analytics, Advanced Excel, Graphic Design, Finance/Economics, Written communication, Data Visualization, Facilitation, Program Management, Healthcare/Benefits, Experience using Workday, System development
Resume should include the following information:
- College address and permanent home address.
- Email address.
- Telephone number.
- The following regarding the degree you are currently pursuing and any previous undergraduate or graduate degrees:
- Name of college/university.
- Degree (For example, bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or doctorate).
- Major and/or minor.
- Overall GPA.
- Major GPA.
- Date of intended graduation (Month and year).
The Memphis/Collierville, TN area.
Relocation assistance not available.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- Fortune "World’s Most Admired Companies" – 2019
- Forbes "Best Employers for Diversity" - 2019
- Reputation Institute "World\’s Most Reputable Companies" – 2019
- National Business Inclusion Consortium "Best-of-the-Best Corporations for Inclusion" - 2019
- Women\’s Business Enterprise National Council "America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises" - 2018
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine "100 Best Corporate Citizens" – 2018
- Black Enterprise "50 Best Companies For Diversity" – 2018
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.