Job Title: Accounting Manager
Job Requisition Number: RC190033
Plano, Texas 75024
This position directs a team of professionals that plan, organize, direct and complete FedEx Corporation’s monthly financial close process. Ensures that the internal control structure related to accounting and financial reporting is sufficient to prevent material errors and that financial statement balances are fairly reported. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, general accounting oversight. Participate and/or lead project teams with the goal of continuous improvement of internal processes. Collaborate cross-functionally on automation, system solutions and business process improvements.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance or other related quantitative discipline is required.
- Five (5) years experience in accounting and financial reporting. A related advanced degree may offset the experience requirements.
- Significant analytical and financial analysis skills required.
- Significant project/process management experience.
- Extensive experience working in a large customer focused, internal business partner environment.
- Strong leadership and collaboration building skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills.
- Proven ability to innovate, develop and produce high quality results on a consistent basis.
- This position will be located in Plano, TX. No relocation assistance will be provided for this role.
Application Submission Instruction:
- Please submit updated resume and complete screening questionnaire by 5:00 PM on September 17, 2019.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- Fortune "World’s Most Admired Companies" – 2019
- Forbes "Best Employers for Diversity" - 2019
- Reputation Institute "World\’s Most Reputable Companies" – 2019
- National Business Inclusion Consortium "Best-of-the-Best Corporations for Inclusion" - 2019
- Women\’s Business Enterprise National Council "America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises" - 2018
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine "100 Best Corporate Citizens" – 2018
- Black Enterprise "50 Best Companies For Diversity" – 2018
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.