Job Title: Intern Solutions (Specialist)
Job Requisition Number: RC191510
Memphis, Tennessee 38125
Position Summary This is a 10-week assignment within FedEx Solutions for students pursuing a college degree. Assignments are directly related to intern's academic degree. Under direct supervision, performs duties as assigned. Student participates in a number of organized events providing visibility into the overall operations of FedEx.
High school graduate or equivalent. Student has completed at least two year toward college degree. Currently enrolled undergraduate at junior year or above or graduate student majoring in Business, Marketing, Project Management, or Management, Public Relations, Communication, Brand Management, Graphic Design, Education, Leadership, Media Studies, Professional Studies, Human and Organizational Learning, Organizational Development, Data Analysis, Learning Analytics, Instructional Design, Curriculum Design, Corporate Learning, or other related discipline.
Ideally, a student should be graduating within 12 months of completing the internship and available for full-time employment
FedEx Solutions information
The FedEx Solutions team supports and enables the FedEx Salesforce. FedEx Solutions consists of three organizations; Customer Solutions, Global Sales Operations (GSO), and Sales Enablement.
– The Customer Solutions team within FedEx Solutions is focused on supply chain consultation, solutions design, new customer implementations, supply chain analysis and modeling, customer bid responses, content development and web development.
– The FedEx Global Sales Operations (GSO) team supports the global sales force with core sales operations systems and processes and directly supports the FedEx Services Sales team with planning and execution. GSO defines customers and matches them to Sales professionals, creates compensation strategies and executes compensation processes, and builds tools and resources to make the FedEx Sales team more effective.
– The FedEx Sales Enablement team includes Sales education, the Go-to-Sales team which increase Sales’ efficiency and effectiveness through demand management and sales enablement, and the Sales Support & Content Management team which improves Sales’ effectiveness by optimizing the post-sale support experience, actively managing Sales content, and supporting improvements to content delivery systems.
Full-time internship opportunity available in the Memphis, TN area from June 2020 to August 2020.
Under close supervision, the successful candidate may assist with the development of projects, programs, and applications for the FedEx Sales teams as well as work across departments to assist with current initiatives to increase Sales efficiency. The successful candidate may assist with research, analysis, recommendations, and prioritization of Corporate Sales initiatives including education, communication, events, programs, and processes. Responsibilities may include project management, research and report development, analytics, documenting processes/procedures and recommending process improvements.
Preferred skillsets include:
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines and work in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work productively and proactively, both independently or as part of a team.
- Strong working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and/or experience utilizing design thinking.
- Possess the following qualities:
- Entrepreneurial, innovative approach and strong initiative.
- Critical thinking and thought leadership.
- Strong personal drive and demonstrated leadership.
- Demonstrated relationship building and strong collaboration and communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Shown flexibility, planning, and problem solving skills.
- Project/product management skills.
- Ability to synthesize large volumes of data (quantitative and qualitative)
- Customer service experience
- Knowledge of sales, analytics, business processes, and management practices
- College address and permanent home address.
- Email address.
- Telephone number.
- The following regarding the degree you are currently pursuing and any previous undergraduate or graduate degrees:
- Name of college/university.
- Degree (For example, bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or doctorate).
- Major and/or minor.
- Overall GPA.
- Major GPA.
- Date of intended graduation (Month and year).
Expected Internship Program Timeline
- Interviews typically occur October-January.
- Offers are typically extended October-February.
- Internship occurs early June-mid-August.
The Memphis, TN area.
Relocation assistance not available.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- Fortune "World’s Most Admired Companies" – 2019
- Forbes "Best Employers for Diversity" - 2019
- Reputation Institute "World\’s Most Reputable Companies" – 2019
- National Business Inclusion Consortium "Best-of-the-Best Corporations for Inclusion" - 2019
- Women\’s Business Enterprise National Council "America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises" - 2018
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine "100 Best Corporate Citizens" – 2018
- Black Enterprise "50 Best Companies For Diversity" – 2018
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.