Job Title: Marketing Specialist Advisor - Product Manager
Job Requisition Number: RC190080
Collierville, Tennessee 38017
Under minimal supervision, develops and executes strategy for one or more marketing initiatives. Resolves problems and makes recommendations related to complex and interrelated matters and projects. Provides specialist-level analysis in several marketing disciplines and/or expert-level in one or more. Recommends project budgets and forecasts anticipated budget spending. Coaches others in less senior positions.
This position is part of a product management organization responsible for creating and managing technology products across FedEx.com, as well as desktop, mobile and integrated channels. This person will work closely with our customers, FedEx operating companies, and Regional, IT, Marketing, Sales and Support teams to build and launch products that are market leading and meet business objectives.
Under limited supervision, the successful candidate will plan and execute product strategy development, product support, pricing and/or promotional initiatives and assist in portfolio management strategic planning.
The successful candidate must utilize product / project management and collaboration skills to get the support needed to execute on Online Shipping Strategies. The successful candidate must have good interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills and be able to interact with stake holders at every level within the organization, including officers and senior officers, across several functional areas and operating companies. This position requires a highly motivated individual with a proven track record of leadership and collaboration who can simultaneously manage change while delivering value to customers. Must work individually and with cross functional teams to identify and document opportunities to enhance, rationalize and accelerate the launch of key capabilities. The successful candidate must have demonstrated success in:
Program / Product Management: Provide product management leadership to gather customer needs, understand the portfolio direction, define the product vision, and collaborate across organizations to get executive and program level buy-in needed to prioritize, coordinate and deliver Online Shipping capabilities. Manage and prioritize work and provide strategic leadership on the execution. Communicate to executive management plans of action that clearly align resources and timelines to hit target objectives. Lead the measurement and reporting processes needed to measure performance against goals.
Strategic Thinking / Innovation: Actively conceptualize, analyze, synthesize, and evaluate product, customer and market information to develop and champion unbiased recommendations to key business stakeholders across the Corporation.
Critical Thinking / Problem Solving: Identify, assess and quickly develop action plans to resolve critical product deficiencies and customer experience gaps to meet and exceed customer needs. Define the path to correct the noted issues and lead the solution from concept to launch.
Technical Aptitude: Possess the ability to understand technical capabilities and comfortably dialogue with technical experts to determine how to best meet customer needs.
Business Savvy: Identify opportunities and navigate challenges to maintain project progress and accomplish product goals while working through others. Build and obtain executive level buy-in on business cases for strategic investments.
Leadership: Provide guidance and direction to individual contributors. Mentor team members to strengthen the team and enhance their career skills.
Collaboration: Work across operating companies, marketing and IT globally in order to promote and get support to implement strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with key groups to conduct industry, competitive, user experience research needed to build an actionable product strategy and roadmap.
- Translate customer needs into product features and capabilities.
- Prioritize the product roadmap based on business value and customer impact.
- Build the fact-based business justification needed to justify product investments.
- Get cross-functional support for the product roadmap.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise on key corporate initiatives as needed.
- Quantitative analytical skills that identify solutions and actionable next steps.
- Create presentations that tell the story, are tailored to the audience, and drive action.
- Bachelor's degree/equivalent in Marketing, Finance, Computer Science or related business discipline.
- Five (5) years experience in marketing, advertising, sales administration, or related discipline.
- Knowledge of the broad application of advanced principles, theories, concepts and techniques in marketing disciplines, project management and information analysis.
- Strong human relations and communication/presentation skills.
- Advanced organizational, quantitative and analytical skills, including experience in database marketing.
- Experience leading complex initiatives in a corporate environment.
- Customer-focused orientation.
- Digital and/or Software product management, strategic marketing or product development experience
- Quantitative analytical skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with ability to build rapport with all levels of the organization as well as internal and external stakeholders
- Project management experience
- SAFe/Agile Product Management experience
- Digital User Design and/or Design Thinking experience
- High level of energy and enthusiasm
- Quality / process improvement experience
- Strong technical and business acumen
Collierville, TN (Suburb of Memphis, TN)
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
To apply for this position, please upload a current copy of your resume and complete the required screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00 PM CST) on September 19, 2019, to be considered.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- Fortune "World’s Most Admired Companies" – 2019
- Forbes "Best Employers for Diversity" - 2019
- Reputation Institute "World\’s Most Reputable Companies" – 2019
- National Business Inclusion Consortium "Best-of-the-Best Corporations for Inclusion" - 2019
- Women\’s Business Enterprise National Council "America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises" - 2018
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine "100 Best Corporate Citizens" – 2018
- Black Enterprise "50 Best Companies For Diversity" – 2018
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.