Job Title: Marketing Principal (SM) - FXL Customer Experience
Job Requisition Number: RC192517
Memphis, Tennessee 38125
Under minimal supervision, leads, develops and executes strategy for one or more marketing initiatives. Resolves problems and makes recommendations related to highly complex and interrelated matters and projects. Provides expert-level analysis in several marketing disciplines, including computer-generated modeling. Recommends project budgets and forecasts anticipated budget spending. Leads project activities and consults across multiple project teams, including identification of business requirements needed for impacted systems. Coaches others in less senior positions.
FedEx Logistics Customer Experience Principal
The successful candidate will utilize leadership, business acumen, and tested digital and project management skills, to build a customer experience strategy, key metrics and road-map at FedEx Logistics. The position will be focused on the establishment of a differentiated customer experience, and building out the capabilities to become a leading digital global freight forwarder, broker and logistics provider. This position will support Air & Ocean Cargo Networks and Customs Brokerage & Trade Solutions within FedEx Trade Networks, a division of FedEx Logistics.
This position requires the successful candidate to possess excellent communication and design thinking skills. Experience with Agile work streams and on digital development initiatives. The successful candidate will be a strong collaborator with proven experience building relationships to achieve strategic goals. The successful candidate must have great interpersonal skills and be able to interact with stakeholders at every level within the organization, including officers and senior officers, across several functional areas in multiple business units. This position requires a highly motivated individual with a proven track record of leadership and delivering results for our customers.
Under minimal supervision, leads, develops and executes strategy for one or more customer experience initiatives. Resolves problems and makes recommendations related to highly complex and interrelated matters and projects. Leads project activities and consults across multiple project teams, including identification of business requirements and key metrics needed for impacted processes and systems. Coaches others in less senior positions.
- Master's degree/equivalent in Marketing, Finance, Computer Science or related business discipline.
- Five (5) years experience in marketing, advertising, sales administration, or related discipline.
- Knowledge of the broad application of advanced principles, theories, concepts and techniques in marketing disciplines, project management, information analysis and computer-generated modeling.
- Excellent human relations and communication/presentation skills.
- Advanced organizational, quantitative and analytical skills, including experience in database marketing and computer-generated modeling.
- Experience leading complex and interrelated initiatives in a corporate environment.
- Customer-focused orientation.
- Experience managing large high impact projects/programs/relationships that support corporate goals and/or drive revenue growth• Develop and implement a customer experience road-map that allows superior experiences and flexible features and service options that allow FedEx to penetrate target markets
- Experience in establishing Customer Experience Metrics to evaluate customer impact and continual improvement
- Ensure the customer is at the center of all solutions, leading with a customer centered design approach
- Support capability development and customer journey initiatives across ocean forwarding, air forwarding and customs brokerage
- Experience managing global cross-functional teams to ensure successful project management and execution
- Demonstrated relationship building and strong collaboration and communications skills across multiple audiences, operating companies and organizational levels
- Experience presenting and gaining Sr Management buy-in on portfolio related recommendations and decisions
- Develop and implement KPI metrics to measure success, leveraging a QDM and PSP approach
- Entrepreneurial, innovative approach, strong initiative
- Critical thinking, thought leadership
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Familiarity with Agile development is a plus
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
To apply for this position, please upload a current copy of your resume and complete the required screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00 PM CST) on September 19, 2019, to be considered.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- Fortune "World’s Most Admired Companies" – 2019
- Forbes "Best Employers for Diversity" - 2019
- Reputation Institute "World\’s Most Reputable Companies" – 2019
- National Business Inclusion Consortium "Best-of-the-Best Corporations for Inclusion" - 2019
- Women\’s Business Enterprise National Council "America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises" - 2018
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine "100 Best Corporate Citizens" – 2018
- Black Enterprise "50 Best Companies For Diversity" – 2018
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.