Job Title: Sr. Marketing Specialist
Job Requisition Number: RC190296
Memphis, Tennessee 38125
Plano, Texas 75024
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15205
Under limited supervision, develops and executes strategy for one or more marketing initiatives. Resolves problems and makes recommendations related to complex matters and projects. Provides specialist-level analysis in one or more marketing disciplines. Recommends project budgets and forecasts anticipated budget spending. Coaches others in less senior positions.
1. Product Development – Leads product development efforts for FedEx Fulfillment, FedEx Returns, or FedEx Hold at Location by passionately advocating on behalf of the customer, defining business requirements for new features, establishing success metrics, and developing and communicating product requirements in an Agile environment.
2. Product Delivery – Brings new features to market by developing the implementation plan, coordinating cross-functionally with key stakeholders, establishing time schedules, and project managing the features from concept through tactical execution.
3. Cross-functional Collaboration – Partners with IT, customer service, sales, operations and other groups across FedEx to manage and deliver business capabilities and system solutions. Drive business process changes necessary to simplify and optimize customer operations.
4. Customer Advocate – Designs and conducts research and market analysis to build a deeper understanding of our target customer's needs. Ongoing communication with customers to understand needs and pain points.
5. Subject Matter Expert – Serves as a subject matter expert both internally and externally.
- Bachelor's degree/equivalent in Marketing, Finance, Computer Science or related business discipline.
- Three (3) years experience in marketing, advertising, sales administration, or related discipline.
- Knowledge of the broad application of principles, theories, concepts and techniques in marketing disciplines, project management and information analysis.
- Strong human relations and communication/presentation skills.
- Moderately advanced organizational, quantitative and analytical skills, including experience in database marketing.
- Experience leading moderately complex initiatives in a corporate environment.
- Customer-focused orientation
- Proven track record of managing a successful product feature through its life-cycle, preferably software
- Experience working on an e-commerce fulfillment, Returns, or Hold products
- Experience working in a SAFe agile environment
- Innovative, results-oriented, self-starter, capable of coordinating projects simultaneously in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to build rapport with all levels of the organization as well as internal and external stakeholders
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams; strongly collaborative
There are three positions available.
Can be located at one of these locations:
Relocation assistance may be available but is based on business decision.
To apply for this position, please upload a current copy of your resume and complete the required screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00 PM CST) on September 19, 2019, to be considered.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- Fortune "World’s Most Admired Companies" – 2019
- Forbes "Best Employers for Diversity" - 2019
- Reputation Institute "World\’s Most Reputable Companies" – 2019
- National Business Inclusion Consortium "Best-of-the-Best Corporations for Inclusion" - 2019
- Women\’s Business Enterprise National Council "America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises" - 2018
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine "100 Best Corporate Citizens" – 2018
- Black Enterprise "50 Best Companies For Diversity" – 2018
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.