Job Title: Marketing Principal (SM) – International Ocean & Multi-Modal product manager
Job Requisition Number: RC192902
Memphis, Tennessee 38125
Under minimal supervision, leads, develops and executes strategy for one or more marketing initiatives. Resolves problems and makes recommendations related to highly complex and interrelated matters and projects. Provides expert-level analysis in several marketing disciplines, including computer-generated modeling. Recommends project budgets and forecasts anticipated budget spending. Leads project activities and consults across multiple project teams, including identification of business requirements needed for impacted systems. Coaches others in less senior positions.
The Marketing Principal for International Ocean product management will be responsible for leading global projects to drive growth of the ocean portfolio through key strategic initiatives. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the overall ocean product portfolio by collaborating with key business partners including Operations, Planning and Engineering, Revenue Management and Sales. This individual will serve as the business conduit with key stakeholders by successfully translating customer and business needs into feature requirements. This Principal will be responsible for compiling and delivering executive level presentations with strong and concise written and verbal communication skills required.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Leads and creates portfolio level strategies & road map; provides strategic guidance
- Responsible for managing and implementing marketing activities through research, strategic planning and implementation
- Formulates detailed risk identification and assessment plans which include corresponding mitigation strategies
- Communicates program progress and performance to all relevant stakeholders, to drive stakeholder engagement
- Mentor team members & cross functional teams on ocean portfolio and marketplace
- Evaluate and communicate competitive landscape in Ocean industry
- Subject matter expert for Ocean
- Develop value proposition for Ocean services
- Gain support from business stakeholders on strategic direction and value proposition
- Represents portfolio with other organizations guiding corporate and cross functional strategies
- Develops financial and competitive frameworks to support business strategies
- Work with Operations & Customer Experience to determine service and carrier performance service levels
- Supports business plan goals: achievement of growth objectives including market share, revenue, profit and return on investment for all the channels/categories of business and/or key customers
- Work with Go-to-market/Go-to-sales to build customer facing Ocean plans & materials
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ocean expertise & knowledge of industry and competitors
- Experience in working and leading cross-functional and cross-operating company teams
- Demonstrated ability to take a customer feedback and develop strategies according to customer needs
- Ability to foster strong working relationship with peers, senior management and regional counterparts
- Strong international program management experience
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent business judgment and ability to interpret market research, financials and business strategies
- Ability to translate insights into actionable recommendations and business requirements
- Master's degree/equivalent in Marketing, Finance, Computer Science or related business discipline.
- Five (5) years experience in marketing, advertising, sales administration, or related discipline.
- Knowledge of the broad application of advanced principles, theories, concepts and techniques in marketing disciplines, project management, information analysis and computer-generated modeling.
- Excellent human relations and communication/presentation skills. Advanced organizational, quantitative and analytical skills, including experience in database marketing and computer-generated modeling.
- Experience leading complex and interrelated initiatives in a corporate environment.
- Customer-focused orientation.
Relocation assistance may be available but is based on business decision.
To apply for this position, please upload a current copy of your resume and complete the required screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00 PM CST) on September 19, 2019, to be considered.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- Fortune "World’s Most Admired Companies" – 2019
- Forbes "Best Employers for Diversity" - 2019
- Reputation Institute "World\’s Most Reputable Companies" – 2019
- National Business Inclusion Consortium "Best-of-the-Best Corporations for Inclusion" - 2019
- Women\’s Business Enterprise National Council "America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises" - 2018
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine "100 Best Corporate Citizens" – 2018
- Black Enterprise "50 Best Companies For Diversity" – 2018
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.