Job Title: Marketing Specialist Advisor
Job Requisition Number: RC185260
Memphis, Tennessee 38125
Purpose and Scope: Under minimal supervision, develops and executes strategy for one or more marketing initiatives. Resolves problems and makes recommendations related to complex and interrelated matters and projects. Provides specialist-level analysis in several marketing disciplines and/or expert-level in one or more. Recommends project budgets and forecasts anticipated budget spending. Coaches others in less senior positions.
Marketing Specialist Advisor – System Form Marketing
This position requires an independent leader who will drive the global coordination of system form commercialization initiatives through overall leadership, marketing expertise and extensive collaboration with both Memphis-based and regional team members.
With moderate direction, creates solutions from initial concept to production. Communicates results to a broad range of audiences. Effectively uses current and emerging technologies to evaluate trends and develop actionable insights and recommendations to management, via understanding of the business model and the information available for analysis. Works in cross functional projects and programs. Routinely presents to management.
This position is for a Marketing Specialist Advisor within the System Form Marketing team and will be domiciled in Memphis, TN. This person will leverage analytical fact base and support key insights that drive the direction of system form planning. Prepare analyses, reports, dashboards and presentations to senior management in a format relevant for the audience.
- Improving products / processes through use of mid-level to advanced quality-driven management (QDM) tools within own work.
- Actively engaging with regional stakeholders such as Sales, Operations, SMA, International Forecasting, and GNP in building and designing a fact base
- Serving as an extended team lead in product development efforts, by helping translate customer needs into business requirements and service definitions and supported by appropriate business justification and financial business case.
- Preparing product performance reporting and project status updates for senior officer briefings.
- Executing product development, product support and/or promotional initiatives that support the organization's global marketing strategies and utilizes all levers and options in product management strategy planning (4p mix).
Skills/Knowledge considered a Plus:
- Ability to understand, analyze and apply functional context to multiple information needs
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, written, and oral communication skill.
- Extensive cross functional/regional collaboration experience preferably on a product development context
- Demonstrated ability to take a customer focus and develop strategy according to customer needs
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex business problems
- Presentation preparation and delivery skills at any level in the organization
- Deep knowledge/experience on FedEx Divisions and their nuances
- Moderately advanced organizational, quantitative and analytical skills, including experience in database marketing.
- Results in a team-based work environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree/equivalent in Marketing, Finance, Computer Science or related business discipline.
- Five (5) years experience in marketing, advertising, sales administration, or related discipline.
- Knowledge of the broad application of advanced principles, theories, concepts and techniques in marketing disciplines, project management and information analysis.
- Strong human relations and communication/presentation skills.
- Advanced organizational, quantitative and analytical skills, including experience in database marketing.
- Experience leading complex initiatives in a corporate environment.
- Customer-focused orientation.
This position is domiciled in Memphis, TN.
Relocation will be considered for this position based on business needs.
This position will post through September 21, 2019 at 5:00 pm CST.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- Fortune "World’s Most Admired Companies" – 2019
- Forbes "Best Employers for Diversity" - 2019
- Reputation Institute "World\’s Most Reputable Companies" – 2019
- National Business Inclusion Consortium "Best-of-the-Best Corporations for Inclusion" - 2019
- Women\’s Business Enterprise National Council "America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises" - 2018
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine "100 Best Corporate Citizens" – 2018
- Black Enterprise "50 Best Companies For Diversity" – 2018
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.