Job Title: Tax Analyst
Job Requisition Number: RC199756
Memphis, Tennessee 38125
Tax Compliance/Tax Accounting/System support
- Review, analyze and determine application of city/county/state/federal and international tax regulations to ensure company compliance with governmental tax regulations.
- Preparation and analysis of separate/combined/consolidated tax returns, tax provisions, estimated tax payments, cash tax forecasts, and extensions for all FedEx companies.
- Create detailed documentation to support tax positions
- Gather, analyze and interpret data to form conclusions regarding statutory incentive tax credit opportunities for all FedEx companies.
- Review and maintain point of sales tax system including, but not limited to determining and updating custom tax rates.
- Designs and implement tax process improvements under the supervision of the Senior Tax Analyst or Tax Manager to streamline and rationalize manually intensive tax processes by utilizing integrated financial, operational, and information systems.
- Analyzes and interprets information from diverse sources to form tax positions for multiple FedEx companies.
- Creates detailed documentation and findings in support of tax filings.
- Consults with management on tax issues and provides tax recommendations
- Be aware of and assist when needed with adherence to department policies regarding managing, updating, and ensuring tax work is in compliance with required SOX control objectives.
- Assist with preparation of tax footnotes including consolidated schedules that go into the footnote.
- Utilize academia knowledge and communication skills to execute FedEx Tax protocols in accordance with governmental regulations including but not limited to the Internal Revenue Service, state, and local jurisdictions
- Create detailed research documentation supporting tax planning/compliance conclusions
- Analyzes and interprets tax regulations for tax impact to all FedEx companies
- Evaluates tax information and develops conclusions for various tax special projects
- Communicates tax impact to management
- Represent all FedEx companies in Tax Audits including federal/state/local and international tax issues
- Gather, analyze, and interpret information to complete Information Document Requests for federal/state/local and international tax audits
- Develop detailed documentation supporting tax requests
- Prepare memorandums documenting tax conclusions and communicate to management
- Review and evaluate tax legislation and legislative changes.
- For all FedEx companies, form conclusions related to tax legislation and communicate the tax impact to management.
- Interpret tax legislation to ensure appropriate application for tax reporting purposes.
- Create detailed documentation/calculations supporting tax impact of legislative changes
- Assist in management coordination of the Tax internship and mentoring programs.
- Assist, as needed, with training, learning and development function for the Tax organization.
- Assist with vendor engagements
- Other duties as assigned
Domicile Location: This position will be domiciled in Memphis, TN.
Relocation Information: Relocation will be considered per business decision.
In order to be considered for this position, please submit your resume, and questionnaire by 5pm on October 16, 2019
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in business, finance or related discipline. Directly related experience within a tax/finance area.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- Fortune "World’s Most Admired Companies" – 2019
- Forbes "Best Employers for Diversity" - 2019
- Reputation Institute "World\’s Most Reputable Companies" – 2019
- National Business Inclusion Consortium "Best-of-the-Best Corporations for Inclusion" - 2019
- Women\’s Business Enterprise National Council "America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises" - 2018
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine "100 Best Corporate Citizens" – 2018
- Black Enterprise "50 Best Companies For Diversity" – 2018
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.