Job Title: Solutions Architect
Job Requisition Number: RC124119
Category: Information Technology
Coraopolis, Pennsylvania 15108
Position Summary and Essential Duties:
Under limited guidance, works at the business unit level developing the solution architecture for significant initiatives in partnership with key business and IT stakeholders. Expose current state architecture and identify options for future state architecture. Works closely with business and IT stakeholders creating solutions that balance competing interests and concerns. Develop plans for and facilitate the migration from current to selected future state by providing technical leadership to multiple initiatives. Mentor those in less senior positions. Serves as a solutions expert, at the business unit level developing the most advanced solution architecture for highly complex and significant initiatives in partnership with key business and IT stakeholders. Expose current state architecture and identify options for future state architecture. Works closely with business and IT stakeholders creating solutions that balance competing interests and concerns. Develop plans for and facilitate the migration from current to selected future state by providing technical leadership to multiple initiatives. Mentor those in less senior positions.
Job Specific Information:
Experienced software architect with experience in defining and leading large-scale 12-Factor and Cloud platform adoption efforts. Experience in API-Management architecture leadership.
- As an architect, this position is focused on long-term architecture and strategy for solutions for shipping automation.
- This position works across teams to drive solutions to problems with high system inter-dependency
- Candidate will lead architecture and oversee the development of cross-functional, multi-platform applications systems and work under the guidance of other senior Architects.
- Provide technical guidance and execute on Architectural patterns in collaboration with other senior and Enterprise Architects to application development teams, consult on integration and conversion issues and participate in mapping technology-independent applications architecture to the chosen technology platform.
- Identify strategic and tactical solutions and be able to influence and negotiate with colleagues and project stakeholders.
- Mentor and cross train others on the team.
- Effectively work across geographically disperse locations and be comfortable in a 'remote' work environment.
- The successful candidate has experience presenting to non-technical and technical executive audiences.
Skills/Knowledge Considered a Plus:
- Formal systems development lifecycle training/experience.
- Project management, system analysis and design experience.
- Knowledge of Transportation and/or Postal industry.
- Java, J2EE experience
- Prior experience with defining and implementing information architecture, principles, and standards.
- Must be an effective oral and written communicator, skilled in negotiations and customer-service oriented.
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Spring Framework, CI/CD, Oracle Weblogic, Oracle database, UNIX / Linux
- Working experience in engineering, Service Oriented Architecture and MicroServices
- Experience in building real-time interfaces between heterogeneous systems.
- Working knowledge and experience developing large scale enterprise systems.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Proven project leadership and solid track record of prior enterprise projects.
Relocation assistance may be available for this position, but is based on business decision.
Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, information Systems, business and/or equivalent formal training or work experience. Five (5) years equivalent work experience in information technology or engineering environment. A related advanced degree may offset the related experience requirement. Ability to lead, working collaboratively and creatively with business and IT stakeholders. Strong human relational and communication skills.
To apply for this position, please upload current copy of your resume and complete the required screening questionnaire by close of business on Monday October 14, 2019, in order to be considered.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- Fortune "World’s Most Admired Companies" – 2019
- Forbes "Best Employers for Diversity" - 2019
- Reputation Institute "World\’s Most Reputable Companies" – 2019
- National Business Inclusion Consortium "Best-of-the-Best Corporations for Inclusion" - 2019
- Women\’s Business Enterprise National Council "America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises" - 2018
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine "100 Best Corporate Citizens" – 2018
- Black Enterprise "50 Best Companies For Diversity" – 2018
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.