Job Title: Manager Project/Process - Software Asset Management &TBM
Job Requisition Number: RC202899
Category: Information Technology
Collierville, Tennessee 38017
Directs a staff responsible for managing all aspects of broad, diverse, complex projects/processes/programs including planning, execution, and timing. Participates in the development of overall objectives and long-term goals of the organization. Identifies and coordinates interdependencies across divisions.
Software Asset Manager and TBM manager will collaborate with a number of groups across the organization to mature Software Asset Management (SAM) and Technology Business Management (TBM) practices with business analysis, reporting, automation and data management. In addition, they will collect and organize software asset and financial data using it to assist in intelligent real time decision making on Vendor SW audits and renewals.
This job involves managing and creating a framework to properly purchase, deploy, manage and dispose of software assets. The SAM team manages licenses, entitlements, and tools who also design process engineers and potentially an external SAM consultant for specific expertise or advisory services. Responsible for implementing the processes and tools to manage software assets. Improving chargeback and aligning SAM and TBM processes for working with Finance and Legal in addition Executive management.
This is a key position whose efforts are used to make important business decisions. These decisions can affect the FedEx financial bottom line.
Knowledge/Skills Considered a Plus:
• Experience with licensing for largest IT Software vendors (Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, SAP, Etc)
• Proven researching ability
• IT Asset Management and Discovery Tools experience (SCCM, IBM BigFix, ServiceNow, or Flexera)
• Experience interpreting licensing terms and conditions
• Knowledge of TBM tools specifically Apptio
• Experience with Software compliance reporting and audits
• Customer Service Focused - the ability to deliver sustained high performance and high levels of customer satisfaction
• Work well under pressure with differing levels of Management
• Experience in Relational databases and SQL is a plus.
• Certifications in Software Asset Management and/or TBM is a plus
Relocation assistance available based on business needs
Bachelor's Degree equivalent in business, computer science or related field. A related advanced degree may offset the related experience requirements. Five (5) years directly related experience in a systems development/operations environment. Experience in project/process/program management discipline required. Strong basic management, human relations, communication, negotiation, and analytical skills.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- Fortune "World’s Most Admired Companies" – 2019
- Forbes "Best Employers for Diversity" - 2019
- Reputation Institute "World\’s Most Reputable Companies" – 2019
- National Business Inclusion Consortium "Best-of-the-Best Corporations for Inclusion" - 2019
- Women\’s Business Enterprise National Council "America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises" - 2018
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine "100 Best Corporate Citizens" – 2018
- Black Enterprise "50 Best Companies For Diversity" – 2018
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.