Job Title: Associate System Administrator
Job Requisition Number: RC197838
Category: Information Technology
Coraopolis, Pennsylvania 15108
Job Specific Information:
This is a entry-level position that will work on a continuous flow (Kanban) agile systems team supporting package sortation systems. This person should have strong communications and interpersonal skills to collaborate with both internal and external team members to deliver functioning development environments, fully integrated deployment pipelines, and drive automation wherever possible. This person should be able to share their knowledge and coach others to help drive DevSecOps best practices.
- Under limited supervision, analyzes the requirements to determine the hardware, system configuration, performance and capacity needs for system-related operating systems improvements and business integration.
- Design, test and configure infrastructures and solutions for various applications and configurations.
- Utilize strong analytical and troubleshooting skills to diagnose and resolve hardware, software, or other system issues.
- Develops infrastructure monitoring and reporting tools using configuration language and scripting tools.
- Identifies and creates processes to integrate technology improvements into business processes.
- Responsible for projects including the implementation of remediation activities, patch management, and firmware updates in a highly complex environment.
- Provides Level 3 technical support in critical production support issues interacting with Developers and Architects.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, PowerCLI, Powershell, Perl, or Python
- Ownership and support of configuration management and deployment automation tools, including Nexus, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Fortify, and Sonar.
- Design, test and configure infrastructure and solutions for various applications and configurations.
- Identifies and creates processes to integrate technology improvements into business processes using tools such as GIT, ONE Automation, etc.
- Remediation activities such as patch deployments and operating systems updates in a highly complex environment.
Knowledge/Skills considered a Plus:
- AIX/Linux OS
- Familiarity with Object-Oriented Programming desired (Java)
- Spring Framework
- JMS Publishing and Consuming
- WebLogic 12+
- Version One
Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems and/or equivalent formal training or work experience. Two (2) years equivalent work experience in computer support information technology environment, and desktop computing along with the ability to apply basic computer concepts, theories, principles and methods to projects, business problems, issues and/or questions. Strong written and verbal communication skills. A related Master’s Degree equals two (2) years’ experience. More advanced degrees may offset experience requirements.
Coraopolis, PA (Suburb of Pittsburgh)
Relocation assistance may be available for this position but is based on business decision.
To apply for this position, please upload a current copy of your resume and complete the required screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00 PM CST) on Wednesday October 16, 2019, to be considered.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- Fortune "World’s Most Admired Companies" – 2019
- Forbes "Best Employers for Diversity" - 2019
- Reputation Institute "World\’s Most Reputable Companies" – 2019
- National Business Inclusion Consortium "Best-of-the-Best Corporations for Inclusion" - 2019
- Women\’s Business Enterprise National Council "America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises" - 2018
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine "100 Best Corporate Citizens" – 2018
- Black Enterprise "50 Best Companies For Diversity" – 2018
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.