Job Title: Business Applications Advisor
Job Requisition Number: RC202345
Category: Information Technology
Collierville, Tennessee 38017
Multiple positions are available within this group.
Under limited supervision, interacts with business partners and/or it staff to gather and document information related to requirements and/or software testing. Gathers information from multiple sources and independently sorts medium to high complexity business issues to recommend appropriate direction. Frequently leads large project efforts. Analyzes business processes and associates them to software deliverables. Develops and/or executes test scripts against requirements. Drafts and reviews documentation in compliance with the FedEx global development process. Develops and/or maintains a business model that reflects current processes and business rules. Provides and/or consolidate input to scoping and impact analysis for Future deliverables. Mentors those in less senior positions.
This position works closely with and engages business and technical stakeholders at all levels of the FedEx Enterprise to translate FedEx business strategy and initiatives into actionable strategic roadmaps. The Business Architect will work with Stakeholders and Architects to identify and define enterprise capabilities, build out a long-term roadmap, and create initiative-specific SAFe artifacts for the consumption of the downstream teams to execute the initiatives with a business value driven approach. This will require understanding of the impact and influence of broader industry and technology trends on the strategic business vision to recommend action plans cross FedEx Operating Companies and to FedEx Leadership. This position works to develop an integrated view of the portfolio and repeatable approach to provide insights to enable better prioritization and investment decisions. This role will combine business strategy with technical and application portfolio knowledge to deconstruct complex concepts into smaller, simplified components and capabilities.
Knowledge and Skills Considered a Plus:
- Major project leadership experience
- Proven executive presentation skills
- Experience working with and deploying systems which incorporate best practice principles, patterns, and tools
- Demonstrated collaboration skills and ability to work in a dynamic team environment and interact with resources from technical and non-technical organizations
- Multi-task oriented
- Critical Thinking
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Broad knowledge of FedEx (or Transportation and Logistics industry) business concepts and IT capabilities
- Customer Automation knowledge
- Strong understanding of business capability management strategies and solutions with hands-on experience architecting, designing, implementing, and delivering solutions
- Experience working with business and IT architects in requirements analysis and modeling tools (e.g., IRIS Business Architect or other similar tools)
- Certified Business Architect
- Knowledge of Business Architecture Guild (BIZBOK) and The Open Architecture Framework (TOGAF) or other architectural framework
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) experience and architecture practice experience
Domicile: Collierville, TN (suburbs of Memphis,TN)
Relocation assistance may be available for this position, but is based on business decision.
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Systems or related field and/or equivalent formal training or work experience. A related advanced degree may offset the related experience requirements. Requires five (5) years equivalent work experience in information technology or engineering environment.
To apply for this position, please upload a current copy of your resume and complete the required screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00 PM CST) on October 16, 2019, to be considered.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- Fortune "World’s Most Admired Companies" – 2019
- Forbes "Best Employers for Diversity" - 2019
- Reputation Institute "World\’s Most Reputable Companies" – 2019
- National Business Inclusion Consortium "Best-of-the-Best Corporations for Inclusion" - 2019
- Women\’s Business Enterprise National Council "America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises" - 2018
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine "100 Best Corporate Citizens" – 2018
- Black Enterprise "50 Best Companies For Diversity" – 2018
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.