Job Title: Marketing Specialist - FXL Customer Experience Design
Job Requisition Number: RC203990
Memphis, Tennessee 38125
Under general supervision, develops and executes strategy for one or more marketing initiatives.
Resolves problems and makes recommendations related to moderately complex matters and projects. Provides experienced-level analysis in one or more marketing disciplines. Recommends project budgets and forecasts anticipated budget spending.
May coach others in less senior positions.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND SKILLS:
Services Marketing is seeking an innovative marketing individual with the desire to transform FedEx Logistics customer visibility experience. Under limited supervision, this position will drive the digitization of the FedEx Logistics customer journey through customer design concepts. A successful candidate will collaborate with other marketing team members, FedEx Logistics functional teams and IT to execute on defined epics and the long-term customer experience vision.
The successful candidate should have demonstrated success in:
Product Management/Marketing/Requirements Definition: Translating customer needs and/or market trends into a prioritized customer experience epics. Defining and prioritizing features needed to guide epic development efforts.
Technical Aptitude: Ability to understand technical capabilities and comfortably dialogue with technical experts to determine how to best meet customer needs.
Analytical skills: Ability to extract and manipulate large sets of data to derive actionable insights that would guide decision making for profitable growth and/ or investment. Ability to visually present data for storytelling.
Business Savvy: Able to navigate opportunities and challenges to maintain project progress and accomplish project goals while working through others.
Strategic Thinking/Innovation: Able to develop and champion unbiased recommendations to key business stakeholders across the corporation.
Collaboration: Able to work with FedEx Logistics teams as well as other operating companies to gather insights and identify enterprise connectivity in order to promote, support and implement customer experience improvements. Demonstrated ability to build and to maintain strong relationships with cross functional stakeholders including executive management.
Project Management: Able to prioritize and manage multiple deliverables simultaneously, in order to ensure customer experience features are launched on time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with key groups to conduct industry, competitive, user experience research needed to build an actionable digital customer experience strategy.
- Translate customer needs into customer experience roadmap.
- Prioritize the customer experience roadmap based on business value and customer impact.
- Provide analytical data to support business value and show continuous improvement.
- Build the fact based business justification needed to prioritize digital customer experience investments.
- Obtain cross-functional support for customer experience initiatives.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise on key customer experience initiatives as needed.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities Considered a Plus:
- Software and/or Digital Design or Marketing experience
- Digital User Design and/or Design Thinking experience
- Knowledge of Agile-SAFE and/or Waterfall development methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and to maintain strong relationships with cross functional stakeholders including executive management
- Excellent collaboration and problem-solving abilities in a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated analytical skills with specific ability to translate into a solid business case
- Tableau, MS Access, and basic SQL knowledge to conduct the required analysis of the team/customer/segment needs.
- Experience in leading the development of digital solutions from strategy through to execution
- MBA a plus.
- Five (5) years of experience in marketing, advertising, sales administration, or related discipline.
- Bachelor's degree/equivalent in Marketing, Finance, Computer Science or related business discipline.
- One (1) year experience in marketing, advertising, sales administration, or related discipline.
- Knowledge of the broad application of principles, theories, concepts and techniques of marketing disciplines and project management.
- Good human relations and communication/presentation skills.
- Strong basic organizational, quantitative and analytical skills.
- Experience leading initiatives in a corporate environment.
- Customer-focused orientation.
This position will be domiciled in Memphis, TN.
Relocation assistance may be available but is based on business decision.
To apply for this position, please upload a current copy of your resume and complete the required screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00 PM CST) on October 18, 2019, to be considered.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- Fortune "World’s Most Admired Companies" – 2019
- Forbes "Best Employers for Diversity" - 2019
- Reputation Institute "World\’s Most Reputable Companies" – 2019
- National Business Inclusion Consortium "Best-of-the-Best Corporations for Inclusion" - 2019
- Women\’s Business Enterprise National Council "America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises" - 2018
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine "100 Best Corporate Citizens" – 2018
- Black Enterprise "50 Best Companies For Diversity" – 2018
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.