Job Title: Senior Marketing Specialist
Job Requisition Number: RC202206
Memphis, Tennessee 38125
Under limited supervision, develops and executes strategy for one or more marketing initiatives. Resolves problems and makes recommendations related to complex matters and projects. Provides specialist-level analysis in one or more marketing disciplines. Recommends project budgets and forecasts anticipated budget spending. Coaches others in less senior positions.
Under minimal supervision, this Senior Marketing Specialist will lead and support the execution of strategic customer experience initiatives from design to implementation, including coordination of cross-functional and cross-regional subject matter experts and third parties to ensure consistent delivery through our people, technology and networks.
- Collaborate with Design Researchers, Design Strategists and other internal stakeholders to execute customer-centered design research and define outstanding customer experiences.
- Observe and understand customer needs, define ability to statements, user flows and prototypes, create strategic recommendations of the ideal cross-channel experience and develop and socialize a case for change.
- Oversee rapid development and testing of minimum viable product, in-market validation of key business assumptions and definition of a scalable solution.
- Lead and support implementation of strategic customer experience initiatives/projects that may span oversight and coordination across multiple channels and customer experience touch points to end to end product development efforts that include agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Establish and maintain strong, collaborative partnerships across Operating companies, regions, and functional domains.
- Establish and report customer experience metrics and identify, socialize and manage continuous opportunities for improvement.
Skills/knowledge considered a plus:
- Strong customer focused orientation (internal and external customers); seeks a deep understanding and holistic view of customer needs and behaviors and leverages design thinking principles to define ideal customer experiences across channels to enable and lead delivery across touch-points and impacted teams.
- Uses facts, imagery and stories to conceptualize mainly via PowerPoint and ability to deliver a clear and convincing message that influences audience understanding and related decision-making.
- Ability to successfully plan and manage multiple projects simultaneously while adapting to shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated experience in product development using QDM-Design ABLE, Waterfall and/or Agile methodologies.
- Ability to work in ambiguity, organize, adapt, remain flexible and self-motivate.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information to create insights and develop solutions and recommendations grounded in facts.
- Bachelor's degree/equivalent in Marketing, Finance, Computer Science or related business discipline.
- Three (3) years experience in marketing, advertising, sales administration, or related discipline.
- Knowledge of the broad application of principles, theories, concepts and techniques in marketing disciplines, project management and information analysis.
- Strong human relations and communication/presentation skills.
- Moderately advanced organizational, quantitative and analytical skills, including experience in database marketing.
- Experience leading moderately complex initiatives in a corporate environment.
- Customer-focused orientation.
This position is domiciled in Memphis, TN.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
To apply for this position, please upload a current copy of your resume and complete the required screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00 PM CST) on October 25, 2019, to be considered.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- Fortune "World’s Most Admired Companies" – 2019
- Forbes "Best Employers for Diversity" - 2019
- Reputation Institute "World\’s Most Reputable Companies" – 2019
- National Business Inclusion Consortium "Best-of-the-Best Corporations for Inclusion" - 2019
- Women\’s Business Enterprise National Council "America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises" - 2018
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine "100 Best Corporate Citizens" – 2018
- Black Enterprise "50 Best Companies For Diversity" – 2018
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.