Job Title: Director Administrative Assistant
Job Requisition Number: RC202864
Memphis, Tennessee 38125
This position provides advanced level of administrative support to director and/or staff.
The FedEx Global Sales Operations (GSO) team supports Sales in the areas of customer definition and segmentation, sales incentive compensation as well as with innovative tools and technology. We also provide support for Sales and customers through programs and events. Our goal is to simplify the FedEx seller experience to drive revenue growth and retention.
The Director of the GSO Technology team is looking for Administrative support. This person would be responsible for performing diverse administrative duties.
The successful candidate should possess the following traits:
• Proficiency with using technology that is necessary to perform data entry, manage team calendars, and manage company reports. These technologies include and are not limited to Microsoft Office365, WorkDay, Image, and invoicing systems.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to be trusted to be the face and voice of the organization. This includes handling incoming correspondence from team members, executive leadership, customers, and suppliers in a timely and professional manner.
• Strong capability to keep the MD office organized and running smoothly. This includes, but is not limited to, organizing team schedules, events, and creating/maintaining a filing system that works for multiple users.
• The ability to manage your own time and the time of others.
• Experience and capability to prioritize and plan and to adapt quickly when initial plans change.
• Ability to be resourceful and take initiative in getting tasks accomplished through multi-tasking and creative thinking skills.
• Experience in anticipating the needs of a Director. You may need to be able to anticipate needs and complete important tasks without needing to be asked.
• Reflects the FedEx culture and consistently exhibits a positive attitude.
• Flexible, patient and accommodating to all team members of a diverse and inclusive team.
• Knowledge and/or experience with quality methodology.
• A growth mindset with the proven interest in lifelong learning.
Domicile: Memphis, TN
To apply for this position, please upload a current copy of your resume and complete the required screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00 PM CST) on October 18th, 2019, in order to be considered
High school diploma/GED. Requires six (6) years related business experience including four (4) years as an administrative assistant typing proficiency. PC experience and ability to use Microsoft Office software. CPS or one (1) year of related college courses required. Good spelling, punctuation and basic English grammar skills. Ability to operate standard office equipment. Ability to compose correspondence for manager's signature. Ability to prioritize mail and telephone calls for manager's review and/or action. Good human relations skills.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- Fortune "World’s Most Admired Companies" – 2019
- Forbes "Best Employers for Diversity" - 2019
- Reputation Institute "World\’s Most Reputable Companies" – 2019
- National Business Inclusion Consortium "Best-of-the-Best Corporations for Inclusion" - 2019
- Women\’s Business Enterprise National Council "America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises" - 2018
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine "100 Best Corporate Citizens" – 2018
- Black Enterprise "50 Best Companies For Diversity" – 2018
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.