Job Title: Manager Solutions
Job Requisition Number: RC202936
Memphis, Tennessee 38125
The Bid Management Team works with Sales to create high-quality, customer-centric RFP/RFQ responses, proposals, and presentations that help retain and gain new business by focusing on customer needs and clearly demonstrating and quantifying value in FedEx solutions. The person selected in this role will manage a team of professionals who support Sales by completing customer Request for Proposal (RFP) responses, and preparing proposals and presentations.initiatives using the complete family of FedEx products and technologies available, developing professionals while creating an effective organization in support of company goals.
Additional responsibilities related to this role include:
- Screening Sales’ requests for support on customer RFPs, proposals, and presentations and aligning resources.
- Ensuring annual team goals for revenue supported and number of engagements are met. Also ensuring that progress against goals is tracked and reported throughout the year.
- Promoting the Bid Management Team’s services to internal Sales partners
- Collaborating with bid professionals across the regions supporting global bids.
The ideal candidate should have:
- The ability to communicate effectively both written and oral with various professional, technical, and support groups internal and external to FedEx.
- Extensive experience in project management, writing, and editing
- Established proficiency for critical thinking along with the ability to prioritize business issues and exercise sound judgement.
- Experience with value quantification, solutions selling, and the FedEx Sales organization/process.
- Working knowledge of FedEx Brand guidelines.
Additional applied skills experience preferred in the areas of:
- Self-management and strong organizational skills.
- Creative application of FedEx offerings that resonate with customers.
- Strong problem-solving skills with proven ability to develop alternative courses of action and make decisions.
Relocation assistance may be considered.
Domicile: Memphis, TN
To apply for this position, please upload a current copy of your resume and complete the required screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00 PM CST) on October 18, 2019, in order to be considered.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in business, finance, marketing, mathematics, a quantitative discipline or related field. Six (6) years professional business experience in analytical/quantitative/program or project management roles. A related advanced degree may offset the related experience requirements. Proven leadership experience. Strong human relations, negotiating and communication skills, both written and verbal. Excellent analytical, process/project management skills. Ability to innovate and produce high quality results on a consistent basis.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- Fortune "World’s Most Admired Companies" – 2019
- Forbes "Best Employers for Diversity" - 2019
- Reputation Institute "World\’s Most Reputable Companies" – 2019
- National Business Inclusion Consortium "Best-of-the-Best Corporations for Inclusion" - 2019
- Women\’s Business Enterprise National Council "America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises" - 2018
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine "100 Best Corporate Citizens" – 2018
- Black Enterprise "50 Best Companies For Diversity" – 2018
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.