Job Title: Marketing Principal - Product Development
Job Requisition Number: RC207543
Category: Researcher, Marketing
Memphis, Tennessee 38125
Under minimal supervision, leads, develops and executes strategy for one or more marketing initiatives. Resolves problems and makes recommendations related to highly complex and interrelated matters and projects. Provides expert-level analysis in several marketing disciplines, including computer-generated modeling. Recommends project budgets and forecasts anticipated budget spending. Leads project activities and consults across multiple project teams, including identification of business requirements needed for impacted systems. Coaches others in less senior positions.
An opportunity to be part of Product Development at FedEx!
This Marketing team works with FedEx leadership, IT, Operations and global teams to manage all aspects of the product development life- cycle from strategy to execution. As part of the team you will be involved in the highest priority strategic initiatives critical to meeting our long -term growth goals. You will connect business ideas with the team members to deliver the value by collaborating with teams that span all functions of the enterprise. Although this role resides in Marketing, candidates with non-Marketing backgrounds will be considered.
There are multiple positions available in the following areas:
- Portfolio Management
- Business Architecture
- Portfolio Process and Governance
- Value Deliver Management and Execution
Desired Experience in any of the following areas:
- Portfolio Management with experience in managing long range product roadmaps, strategic prioritization processes and determining selection criteria.
- Business Architecture with experience in translate business requests into capabilities; breaks down initiatives into core services.
- Portfolio Process and Governance with experience in managing or creating key business processes and facilitating executive forums.
- Project Management, Epic Owner or Release Train Engineer with experience in leading cross functional teams using agile and project management principles.
- Product Management with experience in translating business objectives into product roadmaps and developing features of service.
Desirable Knowledge and skills include:
- Strong business acumen; makes sound decisions based on customer, market and the business.
- Broad understanding of FedEx product & services portfolio.
- Able to synthesize information from a broad range of sources and develop clear recommendations.
- Clear communication of complex ideas and ability to build consensus across multiple stakeholders.
- Agile software development and a working knowledge of the SAFe roles, processes and concepts.
- Master's degree/equivalent in Marketing, Finance, Computer Science or related business discipline.
- Five (5) years experience in marketing, advertising, sales administration, or related discipline.
- Knowledge of the broad application of advanced principles, theories, concepts and techniques in marketing disciplines, project management, information analysis and computer-generated modeling.
- Excellent human relations and communication/presentation skills.
- Advanced organizational, quantitative and analytical skills, including experience in database marketing and computer-generated modeling.
- Experience leading complex and interrelated initiatives in a corporate environment.
- Customer-focused orientation.
Multiple positions will be filled from this job requisition.
These positions will be domiciled in Memphis, TN.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
To apply for this position, please upload a current copy of your resume and complete the required screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00 PM CST) on November 22 2019, to be considered.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- Fortune "World’s Most Admired Companies" – 2019
- Forbes "Best Employers for Diversity" - 2019
- Reputation Institute "World\’s Most Reputable Companies" – 2019
- National Business Inclusion Consortium "Best-of-the-Best Corporations for Inclusion" - 2019
- Women\’s Business Enterprise National Council "America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises" - 2018
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine "100 Best Corporate Citizens" – 2018
- Black Enterprise "50 Best Companies For Diversity" – 2018
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.