Job Title: Software Developer Advisor
Job Requisition Number: RC192407
Category: Information Technology
Collierville, Tennessee 38017
Provides leadership and initiative in a team environment. Ensures application of systems thinking principles allowing team members to independently design, code, test, and deploy software. Provide the necessary documentation to support the software Development Life Cycle. Develop prototypes and solutions leveraging a diverse range of technology. Apply modern principles, methodologies, tools, and systemic processes to support the launch new business capabilities. Lead the resolution of complex problems. Mentor development of those in less senior positions.
This is a leadership position that will serve as the Lead AEM developer. As a Lead AEM Developer, you will be required to participate in all aspects of software development lifecycle, which includes estimating, architecture, design, implementation, documentation, deployment and support activities. You will be closely working with a group of developers and architects on developing solutions.
The duties for this role include but not limited to design, document, code, test, and deploy software to support the software development life cycle. May develop prototypes and solutions using a diverse range of technology. Apply modern principles, methodologies, tools, and systemic processes to support the launch of new business capabilities. The position is responsible for leading large projects and providing guidance to those in less senior positions. The incumbents of this position are expected to perform all other related duties as assigned.
Job Specific Information:
This position will support Adobe Experience Manager Agile Release Train that spans multiple operating companies and regions. The candidate would be expected to:
- Design, develop, and implement enterprise scale solutions to support the organization’s business strategy and goals
- Review requirements and data models and translate into responsible applications and architecture
- Conduct design and code reviews with extended team to ensure that code meets FedEx Enterprise Foundational Services standards
- Recent experience leading major departmental projects with vendor interface and bridging external and internal work initiatives to benefit the project and department.
- Analyze business processes and IT capabilities to recommend strategic and tactical solutions, and identifies cross-organizational impacts
- Pro-actively coach team members; participates on core teams; mentors less tenured staff; demonstrates exceptional leadership and maturity
- The successful candidate will be working on all phases of the application development life cycle with the primary focus on development
- Lead and/or assist in resolution of complex problems
- Ability to demonstrate negotiation skills/techniques, provide thought leadership, balance work in a highly challenging fast-paced environment, make progress with limited information and minimal oversight and collaborate on large teams are key success factors for this position
Knowledge and Skills
- 8+ years of experience in leading Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) implementation projects
- Minimum of 4 years of leadership role implementing AEM lifecycle.
- Familiar working with AEM 6.4 and upcoming AEM 6.5 would be considered a plus.
- Solid experience with AEM – Authors, Publishers, Dispatchers, including experience in development of AEM Forms, templates, components, dialog, widgets, and bundles. Experience in architecting and development of Content as a Service along with the use of Content fragments and Experience fragments.
- Experience with communicating to different internal servers, databases from AEM, using both front end and back end technologies
- Experience with large scale CMS implementation.
- Experience in testing automation such as TDD, BDD using Junit, Karma, and other testing frameworks is required.
- Experience working on a fast-paced Agile Release Train and ability to work in a team that is diverse/multi-partner environment
Adobe AEM Certification would be highly desired for this position.
Domicile: Collierville, TN (suburbs of Memphis, TN)
Relocation assistance may be available for this position, but is based on business decision.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent formal training, certifications, or work experience in Coding. Four (4) years qualifying work experience in information technology or engineering environment. A related advanced degree may off set the relate experience requirements.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- Fortune "World’s Most Admired Companies" – 2019
- Forbes "Best Employers for Diversity" - 2019
- Reputation Institute "World\’s Most Reputable Companies" – 2019
- National Business Inclusion Consortium "Best-of-the-Best Corporations for Inclusion" - 2019
- Women\’s Business Enterprise National Council "America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises" - 2018
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine "100 Best Corporate Citizens" – 2018
- Black Enterprise "50 Best Companies For Diversity" – 2018
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.