Job Title: Marketing Specialist Advisor - Program Management
Job Requisition Number: RC208444
Collierville, Tennessee 38017
Under minimal supervision, develops and executes strategy for one or more marketing initiatives. Resolves problems and makes recommendations related to complex and interrelated matters and projects. Provides specialist-level analysis in several marketing disciplines and/or expert-level in one or more. Recommends project budgets and forecasts anticipated budget spending. Coaches others in less senior positions.
This position is part of a product management organization responsible for continuing to modernize the fedex.com shipping portfolio software products across online, mobile and integrated channels. This person will work globally with customers and across FedEx to build and launch shipping products that are market leading and meet customer needs and business objectives.
Under limited supervision, the successful candidate will program manage the global execution of the FedEx Shipping Portfolio strategy.
This large scale, program management professional must utilize product / project management and collaboration skills to lead a global Online Shipping program. The chosen individual must possess excellent communication and presentation skills to gain buy-in across all levels of the organization.
The successful candidate must have demonstrated success in:
Program Management: Proven track record leading global programs. This person must lead teams through Agile/SAFe processes to ensure delivery of critical features and capabilities. Must possess the ability to define a prioritized product roadmap and provide strategic leadership on the execution.
Product Management: Ability to translate customer needs into product features and capabilities and lead teams through their completion. Utilize quantitative analytical skills with multiple sources of data in order to craft insights and create actionable next steps.
Persuasion and Executive Buy-In: Build the business fact base needed to justify product decisions and strategic direction. Successful at building relationships across organizations in order to obtain executive level buy-in on business cases and tradeoff decisions.
Technical Acumen: Possess the ability to understand technical capabilities and systems to comfortably dialogue with technical experts and determine how to best meet customer needs.
Problem Solving / Decision Making: Identify, assess and quickly develop action plans to resolve program issues and customer experience gaps. Needs to possess the ability to make strong decisions and obtain the global alignment needed to launch solutions.
Attributes/Experiences Considered a Plus:
- Digital and/or software program management
- Strategic marketing or product development experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Consulting and/or Supply Chain experience
- SAFe/Agile Product Management experience
- Digital User Design and/or Design Thinking experience
- Quality / process improvement experience
- Strong technical and business acumen
- Bachelor's degree/equivalent in Marketing, Finance, Computer Science or related business discipline.
- Five (5) years experience in marketing, advertising, sales administration, or related discipline.
- Knowledge of the broad application of advanced principles, theories, concepts and techniques in marketing disciplines, project management and information analysis.
- Strong human relations and communication/presentation skills.
- Advanced organizational, quantitative and analytical skills, including experience in database marketing.
- Experience leading complex initiatives in a corporate environment.
- Customer-focused orientation.
This position will be domiciled in Collierville, TN (suburb of Memphis, TN).
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
To apply for this position, please upload a current copy of your resume and complete the required screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00 PM CST) on November 15, 2019, to be considered.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- Fortune "World’s Most Admired Companies" – 2019
- Forbes "Best Employers for Diversity" - 2019
- Reputation Institute "World\’s Most Reputable Companies" – 2019
- National Business Inclusion Consortium "Best-of-the-Best Corporations for Inclusion" - 2019
- Women\’s Business Enterprise National Council "America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises" - 2018
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine "100 Best Corporate Citizens" – 2018
- Black Enterprise "50 Best Companies For Diversity" – 2018
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.