Job Title: Software Engineer (All Levels)
Job Requisition Number: RC211574
Category: Information Technology
Brookfield, Wisconsin 53045
FedEx Services is seeking qualified applicants for Software Engineer positions at all levels.
Your application to this posting may potentially be considered for multiple positions within this group.
Software Engineer Positions:
- Software Engineer I
- Software Engineer II
- Software Engineer III
- Software Engineer Advisor
Software Engineer Positions:
Software Engineer I - Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree/equivalent in computer science, engineering, or information systems and/or equivalent formal training or work experience. Under close supervision, code and unit test changes to computer programs from program specifications. Documents and maintains those programs.
Software Engineer II - Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering, or information systems and/or equivalent formal training or work experience. Two (2) years work experience in information technology or engineering environment. Under limited supervision, code and unit test changes to complex computer programs from program specifications. Support test execution for additional levels of testing including system level and integration tests. Documents and maintains those programs.
Software Engineer III - Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering, information systems or related field and/or equivalent formal training or work experience. Requires five (5) years qualifying work experience in information technology or engineering environment. A related advanced degree may offset the related experience requirements. Under limited supervision, analyze and develop system requirements, program specifications and code/unit test to meet business requirements/specifications for large projects. Develop or contribute to deliverables for additional levels of testing and support test execution including system level and Integration tests. Frequently leads large projects. Resolve production problems of medium to high complexity. Provides guidance to those in less senior positions. The incumbents of this position are expected to perform all other related duties as assigned.
Software Engineer Advisor - Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree, in computer science, engineering, information systems or related field and/or equivalent formal training or work experience. Five (5) years qualifying work experience in information technology or engineering environment. A related advanced degree may offset the related experience requirements. Provide leadership and initiative in the overall coordination of system requirements, program specifications and code/unit test to meet business Requirements/specifications for significant projects. Provide leadership and initiative to the development of deliverables for additional levels of testing and test execution including system level and integration tests. Lead and/or assist in resolution of complex production problems. Mentor development of those in less senior positions.
Duties for this role include but not limited to: code and unit test changes to computer programs from program specifications. Documents and maintains those programs.
Job Specific Information:
- Design, develop and implement enterprise scale solutions to support the organization’s business strategy and goals.
- Work closely with our business product owners on an Agile team to fully understand requirements, provide feedback, and request clarification as needed.
- Work with other engineers on a collaborative Agile team to deliver code on an ongoing basis.
- Review requirements and data models and translate into responsible applications and architecture
- Conduct design and code reviews with extended team to ensure that code meets FedEx Enterprise Foundational Services standards
- Track and resolve software defects
- Support test execution including system level and integration tests
Experience in one or more of the following is considered a plus:
- Skills in languages: Java and SQL
- Object Oriented Design and Development experience
- Understand of software design patterns
- Applicant must work well under pressure
- Understand the SAFE Agile framework
- Knowledge of software craftsmanship and Agile best practices
- Barcoding technologies
- Knowledge of application development on Android or iOS platforms
- Mobile UI/UX design
- Source control tools: Git, Subversion, TFS
- Maven and Gradle build frameworks
- Spring Boot, Spring Cloud
- Integration technologies; such as SOAP, JMS, and REST
- Understanding of network design and architecture
- Familiar with microservice architecture principle
- JAVA 8 or higher
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Google Cloud Network
Brookfield, WI ( Suburb of Milwaukee)
Relocation assistance may be considered based upon business needs.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- Fortune "World’s Most Admired Companies" – 2019
- Forbes "Best Employers for Diversity" - 2019
- Reputation Institute "World\’s Most Reputable Companies" – 2019
- National Business Inclusion Consortium "Best-of-the-Best Corporations for Inclusion" - 2019
- Women\’s Business Enterprise National Council "America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises" - 2018
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine "100 Best Corporate Citizens" – 2018
- Black Enterprise "50 Best Companies For Diversity" – 2018
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.