Job Title: Sr. Technical Analyst
Job Requisition Number: RC213109
Category: Information Technology
Salt Lake City, Utah 84120
Under limited supervision, develop high level design and detailed design deliverables including designs for technical architecture and system Interfaces to meet business requirements/specifications for large projects. Code and unit test. Develop or contribute to deliverables for additional levels of testing and support test execution including system level and integration tests. Frequently leads large projects. Resolve production problems of medium to high complexity. Provides guidance to those in less senior positions.
Job Specific Information:
- Design, develop and implement enterprise scale solutions to support the organization’s business strategy and goals.
- Support test execution including system level and integration tests
- Work closely with our business product owners on an Agile team to fully understand requirements, provide feedback, and request clarification as needed.
- Work with other engineers on a collaborative Agile team to deliver code on an ongoing basis.
- Review requirements and data models and translate into responsible applications and architecture
- Conduct design and code reviews with extended team to ensure that code meets FedEx Enterprise Foundational Services standards
- Track and resolve software defects
Skills considered a PLUS:
- Skills in languages: Java, Angular and SQL
- Familiar with microservice architecture principle
- CI/CD:Jenkins, DevOps practices and tools
- Container/Orchestration: Docker, Kubernetes
- Source control tools: Git, Subversion, TFS
- Object Oriented Design and Development experience
- Understand of software design patterns
- Applicant must work well under pressure
- Understand the SAFE Agile framework
- Knowledge of software craftsmanship and Agile best practices
- Test automation: Selenium, Selenium Grid, JUnit, Appium
- Barcoding technologies
- Knowledge of application development on Android or iOS platforms
- Mobile UI/UX design
- Maven and Gradle build frameworks
- Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Framework, Axon
- Integration technologies; such as SOAP, JMS, and REST
- Understanding of network design and architecture
- JAVA 8 or higher
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Google Cloud Network
Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering, information systems or related field and/or equivalent formal training or work experience. Requires five (5) or more years qualifying work experience in information technology or engineering environment. A related advanced degree may offset the related experience requirements.
Relocation assistance may be considered based upon business needs.
Application Criteria / Deadline:
To apply for this position please upload your current resume and complete online questionnaire by close of business day on Friday, November 15, 2019.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- Fortune "World’s Most Admired Companies" – 2019
- Forbes "Best Employers for Diversity" - 2019
- Reputation Institute "World\’s Most Reputable Companies" – 2019
- National Business Inclusion Consortium "Best-of-the-Best Corporations for Inclusion" - 2019
- Women\’s Business Enterprise National Council "America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises" - 2018
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine "100 Best Corporate Citizens" – 2018
- Black Enterprise "50 Best Companies For Diversity" – 2018
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.