Job Title: Technical Principal - Technology Strategy Planning
Job Requisition Number: RC212798
Category: Information Technology
Coraopolis, Pennsylvania 15108
The Technical Principal works closely with and engages business and technical stakeholders at all levels of the Ground business and IT organizations. This position understands site reliability engineering, data science, and business agility and how to drive desired business outcomes within these disciplines. Additionally, this position works to develop an integrated view of technology transformation strategy across these disciplines, a framework to drive the strategy, and translates the strategy into actionable strategic roadmaps. The Technical Principal works closely with business counterparts to align the technology transformation strategy with Ground’s business agility transformation strategy. This will require combining an understanding of business needs with technical knowledge to analyze complex problems and deliver solutions.
Provide leadership at the enterprise level for technical design of significant projects. Serve as an expert resource to advise other teams and recommend solutions to technical design problems. Lead and/or assist In resolution of complex production problems. Mentor development of those in less senior positions.
Technical Principal - Technology Strategy Planning Essential Functions:
- Understand Ground Services technology objectives and goals, define the ways in which to enable them, establish the business case, and translate ideas into a multi-year transformation strategy and solution roadmap that reflects business priorities.
- Work alongside Business and IT MD owners across Ground Services to provide strategic leadership and creative thinking tied to the identification of new opportunities to help site reliability engineering, data science, and business agility enablement.
- Serve as a key thought leader in helping to foster a learning and agile culture at Ground Services.
- Represent Ground Services in FedEx Enterprise forums to establish alignment with and support of FedEx Enterprise technology transformation efforts.
- Orchestrate the vision, strategy, and change management of technology transformation solutions.
- Drive complex transformational solutions, providing clarity among multiple cross-functional stakeholders and team members.
- Establish a customer-centric culture that solicits contributions from all participants at all levels (i.e. senior leadership, developers, vendor partners etc.) and functions (i.e. business partners, IT).
- Collaborate with consultants to leverage their expertise to ensure alignment towards shared objectives and key results.
- Identify and develop processes to improve overall organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Implement metrics to measure progress against strategic objectives.
Additional Job Description:
- Ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams across multiple organizations
- Understanding of both business and IT needs
- Strategic and analytical mindset
- Ability to connect individual organizational needs with enterprise strategy
- Strong communication skills and executive presence
- Ability to drive strategy in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Continuous learning mindset with the ability to drive cultural change
- General understanding of site reliability engineering, data science, and business agility
Bachelor's Degree, in computer science, engineering, information systems or related field and/or equivalent formal training or work experience. Requires five (5) years equivalent work experience in information technology or engineering environment. A related advanced degree may offset the related experience requirements.
- Coraopolis, PA (Suburb Of Pittsburgh)
- Relocation assistance for the position may be available depending on business needs.
Application Deadline / Criteria:
- To be considered for this opening, upload current copy of Resume to include beginning and ending dates for each employer/position and answer job screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00 PM CST) on November 15, 2019
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- Fortune "World’s Most Admired Companies" – 2019
- Forbes "Best Employers for Diversity" - 2019
- Reputation Institute "World\’s Most Reputable Companies" – 2019
- National Business Inclusion Consortium "Best-of-the-Best Corporations for Inclusion" - 2019
- Women\’s Business Enterprise National Council "America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises" - 2018
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine "100 Best Corporate Citizens" – 2018
- Black Enterprise "50 Best Companies For Diversity" – 2018
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.