Job Title: Design Principal
Job Requisition Number: RC248672
Memphis, Tennessee 38125
Primarily interacts with professionals and management of internal clients. Leads collaboration with Design Researchers, Creative Designers, and interactions with external customers. Performs activities/roles such as:
- Frames and reframes business challenges to focus design efforts
- Empathizes with customers to discover pain points and unmet needs
- Synthesizes customer and other research to develop key insights
- Brainstorms ideas and develops high impact concepts and business opportunities
- Prototypes and tests concepts with customers
- Uses effective storytelling methods to convey knowledge or pitch opportunities
- Facilitates collaborative design activities and methods
Coaches less senior staff and other employees in customer-centered design principles, skills, methods, and technologies.
Master's degree/equivalent in Design, Business or related field. Five (5) years experience in design, design thinking, or related discipline, related to projects with ambiguous changes and a highly collaborative environment, including clients in an agency environment. Two (2) years experience leading teams throughout the design process. Advanced human relations and communication skills, including written, verbal, presentation, and digital presentation software. Advanced understanding for user behaviors as it informs design.
Special requirements are: Master’s degree in Design, Business or related field of study plus 5 year of experience in the job offered or 5 year of experience in a design, design thinking, or related discipline, related to projects with ambiguous changes and a highly collaborative environment, including clients in an agency environment. The employer will alternatively accept a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Design, Business or related field of study plus 7 years of experience in the job offered or 7 years of experience in in an Information Technology or engineering environment in lieu of a Master's degree plus 5 year of experience. Must have 5 years’ experience design principles, skills, methods, and technologies and business/product development; full design activities of framing project scope and formulating research plans; using quantitative and qualitative research methods; conducting and synthesizing insights using design think frameworks, concept ideation, mind mapping, sketching techniques, analogue and digital concept prototyping and testing, implementation planning, and business impact forecasting and analysis; develop and present project outputs; Develop and lead key components of design enablement strategy; 2 years of experience leading collaboration with Design Researchers, Creative Designers, and interactions with external customers and vendors to manage project within timeline; PowerPoint; InDesign; and Illustrator.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- Fortune "World’s Most Admired Companies" – 2019
- Forbes "Best Employers for Diversity" - 2019
- Reputation Institute "World’s Most Reputable Companies" – 2019
- National Business Inclusion Consortium "Best-of-the-Best Corporations for Inclusion" - 2019
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council "America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises" - 2018
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine "100 Best Corporate Citizens" – 2018
- Black Enterprise "50 Best Companies For Diversity" – 2018
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.