Sr. System Architect
Requisition ID: POSTING-3-68015
Job Title: Sr. System Architect
Job Requisition Number: RC59873
Category: Information Technology
Collierville, Tennessee 38017
Colorado Springs, Colorado 80921
Orlando, Florida 32810
Job Description Summary:
Under limited supervision, define processes, technical infrastructure and architectural standards for development and implementation of systems at the enterprise level. Evaluate products and projects to ensure congruency with strategic initiatives and industry trends.
Bachelor's Degree, in computer science, engineering, or information systems and/or equivalent formal training, work experience and or related field. Five (5) years equivalent work experience in information technology or engineering environment. A related advanced degree may offset the related experience requirement.
Job Specific Details:
This position will be responsible for supporting application development teams with architecture design.
Knowledge and Skills Considered a Plus:
- Technology portfolio management experience for multiple concurrent projects.
- Experience managing vendor relationships, assessing products, working with developers, database and QA teams.
- Ability to develop technical framework solutions.
- Ability to write functional requirements and specification documents.
- Strong project management skills.
- Familiarity with enterprise application design patterns and software development methodologies (i.e. Agile, Waterfall).
- High level interpersonal skills, with strong written and verbal communication abilities.
Colorado Springs, CO
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
To apply for this position, please upload a current copy of your resume and complete the required screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00 PM CT) on August 17, 2018.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.