Director Admin, Information Technology
Requisition ID: POSTING-3-68037
Job Title: Director Admin, Information Technology
Job Requisition Number: RC82264
Collierville, Tennessee 38017
Job Description Summary:
This position provides advanced level of administrative support to director and/or staff.
High school diploma/GED. Requires six (6) years related business experience including four (4) years as an administrative assistant typing proficiency. PC experience and ability to use Microsoft Office software. CPS or one (1) year of related college courses required. Good spelling, punctuation and basic English grammar skills. Ability to operate standard office equipment. Ability to compose correspondence for manager's signature. Ability to prioritize mail and telephone calls for manager's review and/or action. Good human relations skills.
Job Specific Details:
Provides administrative support to the FedEx Information Technology Managing Director (MD). Maintains the office and/or department daily operations. Applies judgment and initiative to resolve problems, manage calendars and ensure follow through on assigned tasks.
• Coordinates travel arrangements, meetings, updates and maintains calendar appointments, requiring interaction with both internal and external contacts.
• Prepares required materials for conferences, meetings, calls and various appointments.
• Reads, understands and/or interprets guidelines, publications, practices and directives and takes action and/or refers information to MD and/or staff as appropriate.
• Conducts note taking during meetings and ensures follow-up with MD.
• Greets visitors and answers calls conveys messages and elevates issues as required.
• Reviews incoming communications and processes outgoing correspondence on behalf of the MD.
• Drafts emails, letters, memos and/or other correspondence per MD requests.
• Establishes and maintains an effective filing and retrieval system of critical and often confidential information, reports, records and miscellaneous files.
• Assists MD as directed with the creation of reports, presentations, etc., including researching, compiling and/or developing necessary information and materials.
• Assists MD with the annual budgeting process, including tasks associated with developing, monitoring and reporting financial data.
• Ensures the efficient daily operation of the office and department functions, including maintenance of supplies and equipment.
• Provides administrative support to other management staff as needed.
To apply for this position, please upload a current copy of your resume and complete the required screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00 PM CT) on August 17, 2018.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.