Intern Human Resources
Requisition ID: POSTING-3-73280
Job Title: Intern Human Resources
Job Requisition Number: RC89929
Collierville, Tennessee 38017
This is a 10-week assignment for students pursuing a college degree. Assignments are directly related to intern's academic degree. Under direct Supervision, performs duties as assigned. Student participates in a number of Organized events providing visibility into the overall operations of FedEx.
High school graduate or equivalent. Student has completed at least two years toward college degree. Enrollment as undergraduate or graduate student in human resources management, psychology, organizational leadership or performance, organizational management, organizational development, industrial-organizational psychology, labor and employee relations, instructional design, information systems, or other related major.
Full-time internship opportunity in the Memphis/Collierville, TN area from June 2019 to August 2019.
Under close supervision, the successful candidate will gain experience in one or more of the following areas within HR: Organizational Effectiveness, Compensation, Learning and Development, Recruitment, Workforce Strategy and Planning, HR Systems, Employee Relations, Business Consulting, and Benefits.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Proven teamwork, collaboration and customer focus.
- Demonstrated commitment to personal growth.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Judgment and decision making.
- Basic project management and process improvement skills.
- Ability to conduct and interpret analyses and use data analytics tools such as Excel.
- Knowledge of applicable federal laws.
- Demonstrated initiative.
- Ability to develop and deliver PowerPoint presentations.
The following is considered a plus:
- Enrollment as undergraduate at junior year or above or graduate student in Human Resources Management, Psychology, Organizational Leadership or Performance, Organizational Management, Organizational Development, Labor and Employee Relations, Instructional Design, Business Analytics, Management Information Systems, or other related major.
- Enrollment as graduate student in Industrial-Organizational Psychology.
- Knowledge of SharePoint. Ideally, plans to graduate within 12 months of completing the internship and begin full-time employment.
Resume should include the following information:
- College address and permanent home address.
- Email address.
- Telephone number.
- The following regarding the degree you are currently pursuing and any previous undergraduate or graduate degrees:
- Name of college/university.
- Degree (For example, bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or doctorate).
- Major and/or minor.
- Overall GPA.
- Major GPA.
- Date of intended graduation (Month and year).
The Memphis/Collierville, TN area.
Relocation assistance not available.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.