Requisition ID: POSTING-3-73282
Job Title: Intern Sourcing
Job Requisition Number: RC89902
Memphis, Tennessee 38125
This is a 10-week assignment for students pursuing a college degree. Assignments are directly related to intern's academic degree. Under direct Supervision, performs duties as assigned. Student participates in a number of Organized events providing visibility into the overall operations of FedEx.
High school graduate or equivalent. Student has completed at least two years toward a college degree. Enrollment as undergraduate or graduate student in accounting, finance, business, economics, supply chain management, information science, information systems, information technology, computer science, statistics, analytics, or other related majors.
Full-time internship opportunity in the Memphis, TN area from June 2019 to August 2019.
Under close supervision, the successful candidate may assist with researching industry standards and best practices, evaluating and enhancing business processes, conducting market analysis, and developing other strategies within a category.
Knowledge and skills considered a plus
- Basic category management, strategic sourcing, and/or procurement knowledge/skills
- Basic knowledge of supply chain, risk management, and/or project management.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data into sound recommendations
- Research and evaluation skills utilizing the internet and surveys.
- Strong working knowledge and/or experience with MS Office tools such as Project, Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to synthesize large volumes of data (quantitative and qualitative).
- Experience in analytical/quantitative business, supply chain, finance, operations, or economics.
- Strong analytical, communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, presentation, collaboration, organizational, problem solving, planning and time management skills.
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines and work in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work productively and proactively, both independently or as part of a team.
- Strong initiative, personal drive, demonstrated leadership, and critical thinking/thought leadership.
- Enrollment as a graduate student in Supply Chain, Business, Finance, Mathematics, or other quantitative discipline.
- Ideally, plans to graduate within 12 months of completing the internship and begin full-time employment.
Resume should include the following information:
- College address and permanent home address.
- Email address.
- Telephone number.
- The following regarding the degree you are currently pursuing and any previous undergraduate or graduate degrees:
- Name of college/university.
- Degree (For example, bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or doctorate).
- Major and/or minor.
- Overall GPA.
- Major GPA.
- Date of intended graduation (Month and year).
Expected Internship Program Timeline
- Interviews typically occur October-January.
- Offers are typically extended October-February.
- Internship occurs early June-mid-August.
The Memphis, TN area
Relocation assistance not available
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.