Requisition ID: POSTING-3-75052
Job Title: Agile Coach
Job Requisition Number: RC78205
Category: Information Technology
Coraopolis, Pennsylvania 15108
Perform initial Agile team assessments and recommend and assist with the implementation of Agile team structure for the teams and associated resources. Coach, mentor, and support other AGILE roles that will be assigned to teams in iterative product development, including Scales Agile Framework (SAFe), communicating effectively, managing conflict, identifying and removing impediments, and applying self-organization and shared leadership.
- Identify need and provide as necessary structured and ad-hoc training in Agile principles and practices including Scrum, Product Ownership, and Program Management.
- Provide guidance for the team and key stakeholders in the definition of the Vision, Goals, and Objectives.
- Demonstrated experience working on unusually complicated problems and providing solutions that are highly creative and exhibit ingenuity and resourcefulness.
Job Specific Information:
- Facilitate team workshops to help new teams understand Agile and Lean principles, Scrum, Kanban, individual, team and program roles and responsibilities
- Develop and provide training to employees and contractors regarding Agile processes, tools, and policies
- Help teams with iteration planning and implementation, as well as provide ongoing Agile coaching support for new Agile teams throughout multiple iterations and program increments
- Provide ad hoc coaching to teams that have implemented Agile but are in need of assistance to refine their processes
- Provide practical hands on mentoring to team members, Scrum Masters, Product Owners and managers of new and existing Agile teams
- Assist organizations to define, prioritize, and decompose requirements in Product and Program Backlogs
- Assess team performance and Agile maturity and in turn sharing the findings with the team, leadership and Agile Enablement Office
- Support multiple Agile teams at the same time and report recommendations directly to teams and to the Agile Enablement Office for the identification of successful patterns and practices that can be shared and promoted in the organization.Facilitate and coordinate cross team planning workshops, and coach other scrum masters to facilitate cross team planning workshops
- Lead and participate in Agile communities of practices
- Communicate value of Agile and Agile successes to others in the organization, including leadership
- Coach directors, managers, and business partners on Agile and their roles in the Agile transformation
- Prepare and/or update organization-wide Agile artifacts and methodology documentation
- Coach and Mentor in Agile ceremonies such as release planning, kickoffs, iteration planning, SOS & other meeting facilitation
- Coach and Mentor in good practices such as product backlog setup, identifying interdependencies (Internal & External), identify risks & mitigation, establishing DoR and DoD, Story Point Estimation techniques, user story mapping
- Guide and coach Scrum Master in arranging and facilitating Agile ceremonies including, Stand-ups, Reviews, Retrospectives, Refinement, and Iteration & Release planning, SOS etc.
- Guide in Tracking, Measuring & Improving team velocity and iteration/release progress, educating teams and management on the patterns and anti-patterns of story point and velocity usage
- Guide and Coach in facilitating impediment solutions and conflict resolution in order to improve team productivity while promoting continuous improvement and creating & maintain continuous transparency across the initiative
Skills/Knowledge Considered a Plus:
- Outstanding training, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Must be able to develop and maintain productive working relationships with a wide variety of teams and leaders
- Strong influencing skills along with being a change agent to provide change management coaching
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to articulate benefits of Agile
- Good Scrum Master/Product Owner/Release Train Engineer skills
- Demonstrated expertise working with Kanban, Scrumban, Scrum, SAFe
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to independently prepare and distribute important communication to various audiences
- Knowledge of scaling frameworks (e.g. SAFe)
- Experience with agile tools such as Jira, VersionOne, AGM, Retrium
- Experience coaching distributed IT teams located in multiple time-zones and in complex environments with onsite-offshore model.
- SAFe Program Consultant (SPC), Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO ), ICP-ATF (Agile Facilitator) and ICP-ACC (Agile Coaching)
- Coraopolis, PA (a suburb of Pittsburgh, PA)
Relocation assistance may be available for this position, but is based on business decision.
Bachelor's degree/Equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology or Business. Minimum 3 years of execution of iterative/agile development using Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, etc.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2016
- InformationWeek “Elite 100” – 2016
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” - 2016
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2015
- Black Enterprise “40 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.